australian HO

Jan 9, 2003
Sydney
i am i young keen HO enthusiast. And i have a problem, i want to
build an australian layout with a:
- main freight line
- main pasenger, or branch passenger line
- possible have a coal branch as well.

And at present i am stuck for ideas, the very biggest my layout can be, is 11x7, so if any of you guys can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
dan.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Welcome to the gauge Dan!!! You've found a fantastic friendly resource for modelin! You might start by looking over some of the plans on this site: They are a teensie weensie (in Austrailian English that might be called itty bitty, but I'm not sure :D :D :D ) bit too big, but perhaps you can modify them or get some ideas. The owner of that page has built most of those and monitors this forum, so you can ask questions raht here!

Also, if you don't have some track planning software, you can get free RTS software from http://www.atlasrr.com and many of the folks here use it and can help you. Small program and easy to learn.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Dan, and welcome to the Gauge,
Jon has already started you of on your road of discovery,
and right good advise it is.

11' x 7' is a a grand size.
If you draw the possible space out,and post it here, bear in mind you have to be able to reach all areas without braking your neck:eek:

The lads will soon have some more Ideas for you.:p ;) :D

No worries.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hi Dan & Welcome.
Also, check out the threads in this trackplanning forum. You can watch layouts develop and see how ideas are proposed and implemented or rejected. You may not get exactly what you want, but there will be some good ideas that you can pinch.
You'll also see what a bunch of nutters you're dealing with.:)

australian HO

Jan 9, 2003
Sydney
thanks

id like to thank you three guys above for helping me out, when i get some good plans ill ask you guys what you think. thanks again

dan

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Dan welcome friend,
Looks like Jon (The mad viking):rolleyes: has already pointed you to my website for some track plans.
See if any are any good for you, if so, there yours to use.

Cheers
Shamus
wink.gif