Track Pans

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I have been planning my railroad now for quite sometime and i have been wanting to add track pans so that the Steam Engines can get water on the fly instead of having to stop at a water tank half way between their runs from the mines to the processing plants. My railroad will be in Ho Scale and i was wondering does anyone know what i can make these track pans out of? If so how would i do it so that they are not scrapping on the axels of the trains passing over them? I am stumped at how to do this so i figured i would ask you men and women on here since you all helped me out in the past.

Below is a link showing the Track Pans at Wilmore,Pa
http://community-2.webtv.net/M1aDRIVER/TheTrackPansat/

F

Fred_M

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Here's a couple great sites on them pans Matthew. I would I think build them from plastistruc or evergreen I beams and simulate the water with paint and a gloss medium. As long as you keep them below track level you should be fine, it's the kadee uncoupler pins that would hit first. Sounds like a cool idea. Fred

Thank you very much for the information and the links Fred. :wave: :wave: When i start construction of the track pans i will post pictures from start to finish.