Track laying Fun!!!!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by RevnJeff, Mar 18, 2006.

1. RevnJeff

RevnJeff New Member

Well, I got downstairs both last night and this morning. I have gotten almost all the track laid on my 10 x 8 shelf-style layout. (HO scale)

Here's a link to the tracklaying web page.

Comments are welcome. I admit to not taking time to clean up the layout before taking pictures.

Augsburg & Concord R.R.
    (a fictional shortline in Central Illinois)
    Come see us on the web:
  2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Great start. A switching layout is always good for lots of interesting operation. Are you planning to use ground throws for the turnouts? How about uncoupling? Everything seems to be easily accessible for manual uncoupling with either a magnetic wand or the old wooden skewer option. Nice web site, too. You seem to be set for motive power and the paint and lettering really ties everything together.

3. RevnJeff

RevnJeff New Member

The turnouts will be thrown manually, using a v-shaped spring underneath the ties. This holds the points against the stock rails without using a ground throw or switch machine.

For uncoupling, I will be using the bamboo skewer. Control is DCC, using a Digitrax Zephyr and UT1 throttle.
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Thanks for the pictures Jeff. Looks like you are coming right along:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. webmaster

webmaster Member

Servers down :cry:
  6. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I can,t get to your pics but I know that there is nothing more exciting in MRR than laying new track and that first run on it. ENJOY
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Hi Jeff,good to ya posting on the best model railroad forum in the business. :D

Who are you going to use for decals now that Gary has shut down his operation ?
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

The layout looks great, Jeff!
    Nice work on the track!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. RevnJeff

RevnJeff New Member

Not sure what I am going to do. I am considering Camera Ready Artwork with Rail Graphics, but I don't know. I really liked his work, as well as his price.