Track Gang Goes To Work On Harry Potter Project Layout

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well,
School is out, & my 6 year old & I have finally begun to lay some track on our little joint venture...
Will post some pics as soon as I can.

fvracer85

May 31, 2002
Michigan
www.sblv.us
Harry Potter

I'd like to know more about your new endevour. My Son is 9 and into HP I had already planned on getting him the train to run on my layout, YOUR idea intruges me very much. What kind of ideas do you have for a track plan, scenery, etc????

Martin

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
And about time too Charlie!

I'm surprised your daughter hasn't been knawing at you ankles to get a move on with it! :) .
Next thing you will be asking where you can get British buildings or photos of them that you can use to scratch build! I'm chuckling here coz you sure have your work cut out for you :D .
Martin can give you moral support :) .

Errol

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Harry Potter

Hi Guys:
Watch your prices when you buy the Harry Potter stuff. I saw my first set at $140 (U.S.) (about $200 Canadian) and eventually got mine for $100 Cdn ($66 US) with one less coach and 9 3/4 fewer platforms.
I've seen all sorts of other prices since.
There's a shop in London, Ont (the British Connection) that sells all sorts of British style building kits (in pre-printed Cardboard). I spend my time at railway shows "demonstating" putting these together. I can get a web address if anyone's interested.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
And, as another aside, the newest "British Modeling" (I think that's what it's called???) has an article on building Hogwart's Castle out of cardstock and Pringle's tubes. If anyone's interested, I'm done with the magazine (I only buy it to look at the ultra-kewl passenger trains they have over there), so I can pass it on.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Charlie, I know this is gonna be a good one. Can hardly wait to see it. Bet the little one is just tickled pink about it!!! Don't have any kids or grandkids myself but all the one's here on the block are "heavy duty" into Harry Potter!!!:) :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Okay Charlie, sounds like a great time your going to have building the HP set. Please add a few photo's as you progress.
Shamus