Track configuration

fender13

I'm 12 and planning to buy and asemble a model train set as soon as I can get a bit of money and I was wondering how you attach pieces of track (Do they snap together, glue together or some thing else.)

Thank ,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Most track pieces either snap together or clip together. There are lots of different kinds of track (even within the same scale) so it can vary a bit. Since most sets are aimed at beginners, an awful lot of them come with track that snaps together these days, which is nice because it makes it a lot harder to make mistakes.

Russ Bellinis

Be careful about train sets. Before you spend money, visit a local hobby shop that has a model railroad dept. (many don't). Athearn train sets are good. If they offer them, an Atlas set would be good. The rest of the manufacturers offer top quality sets for the serious modeler and cheap toys for children. Another option is not to buy a set at all. Buy a good power pack, buy your track (get nickle silver not brass or steel), buy a good locomotive and some good cars and build your own.

Pooh Bah
Most pieces of track are just put flat on the table and slid together. Some of them have extra fastening bits that clip together. The rest have to be pinned or glued in place after you decide where you want them.