Track Cleaning Car

frac

Hi - I recently retired and I am building a HO model RR in my garage. I live in Corpus Christi, TX on North Padre Island. I need to clean my track quite often as the weather down (salt water environment) here is inducive to corrosion. I use code 83 Ni-Si rail but it still needs frequent maintainence. Any recommendations as to the effectiveness of rail cleaning cars and ther effectiveness? Sure could use some help ans advise on this one.

Best Regards,
Larry

jim currie

:wave: welcome to the gauge :wave: there are many threads on track cleaning here to search for. to sum up my method its Wahl oli and piece's of masonite rough side down under several piece's of rolling stock .

Pooh Bah
I've been using a Centerline car with AeroLocomotive Works cleaning fluid. I found the car with body mounted couplings works better than the one with truck mounted couplings.

steamhead

Hi,

Just south of you in Brownsville. I use my "TRACK GUARD" - can be used on one of your cars, or pre-installed on a new box car. Check it out on eBay (HO TRAINS TRACK GUARD). iI've used it for 8+ years and don't have to do anything else to my track.

Gus (LC&P).