Trabuco Canyon Railway started

mistressmotorsp

The first few layers of ground cover are now in place, along with painting the rocks. I decided to eliminate the lumber yard in favor of a passenger station, which just seemed to fit the space better. Some more buildings are now in the engine facility as well. Now starting the flats for the backdrop. Only have one in place so far. Then more ground detail like making the dirt road areas look more real with grass tufts, different colors where the vehicles go and don't go, etc. After that come trees, junk, cars, LPP's, etc. Thinking of saving the rest of the river bottom until last. I really want to add a lot of details to the currently bare rocks before I pour any water.

BTW, the white backdrop is just a flat surface to put my background bldgs against for now. It's just foam pinned in place. Real backdrop to follow.

All comments and especially suggestions are welcome.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2567.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 3

mistressmotorsp

Track immediately to the right of the engine shed is for coal in and ash out. Next track is steam coaling, water, sand. Diesels go to the concrete pad. Many, many details to add here.

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 3