Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The only person making a donkey of himself is you fella.

By the way I am not a moderator or an editor. If I was your silly self would be looking for a new forum. Any quotes I have posted are strait from the horses mouth. Also your little formulae is wrong, its actually (Horsepower=Toruqe*RPM/5252). Whoever taught you didn't know what they were talking about either.

But serioulsly, thanks for the laugh.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

wrong again buddy.Horspower=toruqe+rpm.1 horsepower is 550lbs.lifted 1 ft. in 1 second.simple enough to learn that on your own.but if somone has a question about it just ask.i will be happy to help.
  3. dirtovallMaster

dirtovallMaster New Member

i would like to say that radio shack toys are good for kids who are more easily ammused by them and wouldnt aprreciate the difference in a nice hobby class kit.

i was wondering how this topic changed into a discusion about horspower.i was interested enough to read it and timrock is right and rockn82 clearly made an a$$ of himself.
    love the drama
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well then for example, with your formulae, an engine with 300ft/lbs and a Redline of 6000 Rpm...Hmmm that would mean you have 6300 HP. OR 6300 = 300ft/lbs + 6000RPM
    Ok now lets use mine, which is Horsepower = Torque * RPM/5252. Same Engine. The seems to equal 342HP or 342HP = 300ft/lbs * 6000 RPM /5252
    Where do you come up with this stuff?? LMAO Wow and mine is right especailly since you have to consider that the 300ft/lbs is lower at the higher RPM range. But now lets figure that at say 3000 RPM it should be lower...right?...HMM 171HP and also considering that an engine puts out peak HP in the higher RPM band that makes you STUPID

Also dirtoval needs to thank you for teaching him how to type considering you both have the same retarded no space for new sentences after your punctuation. LMAO ... again...

If anyone out there will indulge me in looking at the posts in the OFFROAD FORUM > CAR HELP and look how mysteriously dirtovalracer posts at 12:55 then timrock posts at 1:00 and then dirtoval posts again at 1:17. The sheer coincidence of the posts allowing just enough time to log off and log on as someone else astounds me... LOL and considering they both type the same LMFAO.

Come on at least dont be dumb about trying to perpetrate.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

LMAO what an IDIOT.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

keep playing with your Radio Shack cars rockn82.
  7. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

DUDES! [}:)] ... leave this radio shack sh*y!t%e [:eek:)] ... talk about sumthing else...ermmm... how aboouuut...AVP!!!![8)] n e 1 a Aliens and Predator Fan here?...i luv those films...Now they join!!! Alien Vs. Predator is coming out (08.06.04) lol 4 days afta my birthday [^]...the trailer looks GREAT :D go to to check it out...god i luv Aliens and Preds [:p]...n e of u got AVP2? the game? [8D] its koool! ... well i said what i gotta say, now plz reply if u like them...:D cya soon ;)
  8. c496

c496 Member

I like predator.
  9. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

KOOOL! .... lol nothing beats a pred :D
  10. I can't believe you guys are still beating this dead as* thread.
    I work for an engineering company, We do motion control and have every formula for torque and HP known to man.
    Check out
    I think the HP and Torque formulas are there. You may learn something new as well.
    If you can't find the formula you need I can let me know!
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member are missing the Point here.the argument started when rockn82 said that Horspower has nothing to do with the top speed of the car.and i said it has everything to do with it.without Horsepower there would be no Torque or RPM there for no movment at all.
    i said that rockn82 is 23 years old,plays with Radio Shack cars and doesnt know what Horsepower is....ect. and he felt insulted.(offcourse,he insulted me first because of misunderstandings). he researched it and found some formulas that have nothing to do with it.just to make it as if he knew what it is.but he didnt.
    Dean we dont need to know the formulas.were not trying to estimate anything.if i were concered in how much HP i get out of my motors i would stick`em on a Dyno.
    Thanks for the link though dude.ill check it out.
    also,what scale is that Picco you have and how many gears does it it a 3speed?
  12. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

13. timrock

timrock Active Member

14. dudex

dudex Member

First I would like to respond to the original message and say that radio shack and wallmart and the like are pieces of s***. Second, Im not saying you havent done, but that it is very unlikely that you have gotten your car to go 124 mph. Especially with any motor above a 10 turn. If you would tell what motor/speed control you are using, how many cells and what voltage, gear ratio between spur and pinion, and also final drive ratio, and the diameter of your tires then maybe I would believe you after doing the calculations myself. And yes HP is the reason a car goes fast but you are horribly wrong when you say HP=torque+RPM. Rockn82 has it right and based on your knowledge of horsepower I can safely say your car does not go 124 mph.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

126 was what was read on somones radar gun.i can tell you are rockn82 by saying im wrong and saying 124.Horsepower=torque+rpm.that is common knowlege
    anyway.not sure what the final ratio is.i know it is around 3:1 wheel to shaft.with around 6:1 or 6.5:1,it tops around 50.0-50 3 seconds.thats with wheel spin off the line.i run 16cells.i often burn out armatures useing that amount of cells and especialy with the high gearing.but i have an 8turn single and 12turn sextuplet.and the 12 turn had more top end.i ran that several times before i burnt that one.if you use an 8turn with high gearing and 16 cells,it would burn out right away.i normaly run 11-14t arms with anything i do.

also i design,make and use my own mechanical motor/speed controls.they have no motor or cell limit.they also have the motor break on them.
    i used to use a Tekin420G2.the specs on it was No motor limit and up to 20 cells.i burnt it out with 16cells and a 9turn.that was about 7 years ago.dont think they make that ESC anymore.

111mph is the official used to be 60mph.then it was out dated so they had somone hook up a tc3 to do a speed run with an asociate from Guiness Book of world records.and hit only 111mph.that guy should have made it go around 150mph.he had enough aerodynamics he just need to up the geaing.i think he ran 14 cells with a 12turn.

people that are into dragracing run 20-30 cells.0-85MPH in less than 2 seconds.if there were a sport for MPH speed runs i bet they would be tunring #s of over 200MPH with i/10 scale dragsters.
  16. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Official record for electric is 90mph. And its achieved by some serious guys. So 124 is extreme hard to believe.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

like i said.111mph is the record wich to me,isnt fast enough for a `World Record`.since you can buy a car that does 80MPH right out of the box.that guy should have shown the Guiness Book 150mph which,for me,could have easily been done with his car.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

19. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have just learend that 111mph didnt make the Guinness Book and 59.5mph is still standing.
    Man,i can beat That record with a stock motor.27turn
  20. TEE

TEE New Member

forget all that, i just bought a xmod and all the hop ups from radio shack. I topped it out at 33 mph. took it to the track and left a micro rs4 in the dust. that is the only car from radioshack any one should buy, along with zipzaps. i made one of those go 10 mph, and its the size of a hotwheels car! zipzaps- 20$ xmod- 50$
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.