Tour de Cure for diabetes

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Mar 13, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello everyone,
    I am riding my mountain bike in the 50 km race this year. I am really looking forward to the ride. I have not done this particular event before so it will be a good time! I have several friends and family that live with diabetes and I have seen it have a profound affect on their lives.

Thats my schtick - here is the official info :)

I recently accepted the challenge of cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fund-raising event. I am taking part in this event because I believe in and support the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

You, too, can help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a generous contribution. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference to more than 20 million Americans who are affected by diabetes and another 40 million who are at risk for developing diabetes. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to me at the address listed below.

More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs, and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's Web site, To find out more information on our Tour de Cure, please visit

To donate online, click HERE
  2. papertrain

papertrain Member

I,for one, applaud your efforts. :) My daughter lives with this also as did my father. My daughter developed it after her last baby 4 years ago. (you would know which type that would be). Can you use debit cards to sponser your ride or does it have to be credit cards. Also is there a way people can use PayPal to sponser you.8)
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I could take paypal but you would have to trust giving it to me then i would write a check seperately when submitting funds. Then you could use the debit card there I think. I am unsure if the site will take a debit card. If anyone is interested in using paypal..... is the addy I use for paypal when i sell on ebay so it should work for this too.
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Here comes another BIG SNUGGLY BEAR HUG!!! I think you are AWESOME!!! I will do what I can to help, although I do not yet know what that will be. Can someone explain to a lazy dork what 50 km is in english?
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

about 35 miles
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

have diabet since 3 years old

do u use the pump or the injector?

i use till today injector today i got a pump my mam use its for 1 month and its make here life mach better

i dont know way bout for the last manth my sogar test are to hige every day

more than 300

i hope the pump make its better my A1C is about 8 only and its fine :)

how i can help u with your 500km ? :)?
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

50 km, not 500 ;) I could do that in my youth on a road bike but not in my late 30's on a mountain bike :)

Thanks for the comments everyone!
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Since it was requested about paypal you can now click HERE to donate. I also added the link to my first post. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.

Now Peter, go make a link so I can donate to the site!
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I wanted to drop a quick line to thank you for your donations - without you I would not have made my goal so quickly. I suppose its time to raise my goal!
    Thanks again!
  10. Clashster

Clashster Member

Good luck, Chris! BTW, when is the ride? What was your goal? Let's see if we can blow it away!!! :-D :twisted: :cool:

Great cause! My company does the JDRF sneakers every year! Thanks, Chris!

11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The ride is on May 19th. The goal set by our team was 100 dollars per person. My personal goal was 150 dollars. I am at 165 right now! I think I will up it to 300 given how much time is left :)
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well folks - My ride is tomorrow. If you still wish to donate, you may do so for the rest of the day - I would like to personally thank all of you that donated and I also wanted to thank those of you that wanted to donate but were unable. The thoughts are appreciated as well. I easily exceeded my goal of 150 dollars. I made it up to 195.
    Thanks everyone!
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Good Luck Chris! Have fun............. and as a diabetic, I would like to thank you for doing this and helping to find a cure.

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hey Chris, I'm diabetic myself and I would like to help you break that 200 barrier.
    Where do I donate?

15. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Russell!

I see that the donate link is on Chris's first posting in the thread and is right at the bottom of his message...:-D

Good luck tomorrow Chris!​

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You are now way over the top, baby!

You better get some rest tonight cause you have some pedaling to do tomorrow!

Don't let me down now!:wink:

17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks! You da man :)
  18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

good luck Chris, hope you have a great day

19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

No! I'm not da man. I'll be sitting here in a nice comfy chair, relaxing my bones.
    You, on the other hand will be working up a major sweat!
    So, you da man! You go boy!

Make us proud!
    I'll be rooting for ya!

20. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Good luck, Chris! I seem to have missed this thread when it first started. The Tour went by our house earlier today, and I had no idea what it was! No coverage I could find on local media, either:mad:. At least I know why, now, it's not every day I see several hundred bicycles go by on our busy road.

Scott K.