Toughest bashing truck ever

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Skandranon, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

What does everyone think is the toughest truck ever for bashing? And more importantly why do you think so? This should be intresting..[8D]
  2. SAVAGE!!!! YOU CANT BREAK 1!!!!
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

savage.drove it off my roof and nothing broke
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Id say the savage too. The chassis is like a bridge. But some of the plastic things DO break. My bro has one, I gotta get one...
  5. rustler

rustler Member

i have one and i am sending it back because the reciever or remote is screwed up
  6. redheat

redheat Member

well I gess that eliminates savage ,so can we say TMaxx. just kidding what do you say we throw a Mammoth into the mix.
  7. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Mammoth, I haven't really heard much about this. Who makes it? I have heard alot about the savage. I was just wondering if anyone would say anything else.
  8. rustler

rustler Member

xtm makes the mammoth
  9. redheat

redheat Member

With the mammoth you'll be stepping up to a 1/8 scale instead of 1/10. comes with the 24.7 big block engine, about 3hp, thats alot of power.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

ya hte mammoth is kool.i think i might try putting a mammoth tranny on my savy since it is the only one that can take the power of the 24.7 pro.i wouldnt just say no to the savage because the radio is bad.no company puts ina good radio.its just there so they can say rtr.most people end up buying all new electronics anyway
  11. redheat

redheat Member

I dont think that the mammoth tranny is gonna work on your savage, that savage tranny should be able to handle that 24.7pro without a problem, better to rebiuld that tranny , possible to replace plastic gears with robinson racing gears, little pricey but they should hold up to most anything.
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

thats what i was thinking but thought it might be less expensive to put the mammoth tranny on it. i havnt looked latly but i think those robinson gears where more then i would like to be spending.i dono maybe i'll try it
  13. redheat

redheat Member

I truly believe that if you just take a good look at your savage tranny and replace what ever needs replacing with the original plastic stuff you'll be fine.
  14. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

The savage isnt 1/8 scale? Tower has it listed as 1/8.
  15. rustler

rustler Member

wo look at what you just wrote is it me or does then not make anysence
  16. savage is a 1/8 the t-maxx is a 1/10 scale
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Right on .
  18. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I have pretty much decided on a Savage. Everywhere everyone says it is the toughest MT out there. That's what I want. Something I can play with and not have to fix all the time. I am going to go with the SS. I want to build it myself so I can get to know what is what and will be able to see what it wrong if something does break. Now I just got to save up to buy it. I must also get the 3 shoe clutch and priceless gas tank at the same time. Oh and must not forget reverse! I can't wait till I can go out and get it! Still undecided on a remote. I want a FM 75mhz crystaless. Any subjections? I would prefer the cheapest remote that fits those 3 qualifications. Also my NMT is up for sale in the for sale forum if anyone is interested.
  19. redheat

redheat Member

Hey before you lay down the bucks talk to Rustler he might have something to tell you about his adventures. Red
  20. rustler

rustler Member

yea man i'm not sayin that thhe savage is bad or nuttin its just that i got the lemon out of the bunch, my stteering ws messed up my range some how got cut to like 50yds, and all these things were goin wrong but hpi is goin to take care of me i sending the reciever and remote back and there goin to take a look at it. but in the mean time i took the reciever out of the savage and then put mine traxxas rustler's reciever into the savage and used the other remote and now its workin fine, i've hit some pretty big jumps and nuthin broke it is very durable. but that doesnt mean you shouldnt get hte savage i just got a little unlucky but thats alright i was able to deal with it, well i hope you have better luck with yours if you get one. luke
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.