TOS Gigantic Galactica Mega Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Has not been sold yet, guys. Believe me, I'll list it.

My wife got worse, so I've been running ragged doing everything a couple shares, kids included. I have worked on her; the top is virtually done, except for what I'm calling "texture enhancement". You'll see what I mean when I upload pics.

The bottom will go relatively quickly, I just need a couple of free hours to actually *do it*.

I'll post an update soon.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Oh, forgot... the Basestar... will NOT be in scale with this one, but will be big. Say around 4' diameter or so.
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife. I'm thinking about you guys and praying. In the mean time, don't run yourself ragged! This build is not worth getting exhausted between that and all the other stuff flying your way.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Agreed on all counts. Sorry to hear about the recent turn of events ekuth. Hang in there man, hope the best for you.
  5. NoneOfTheAbove

NoneOfTheAbove New Member

I just registered, and came back to this thread for the pics. I was expecting maybe 3 feet long...

That is very impressive.
  6. Batlestar WOW

You have done such an amazing job on the ole girl. Noone can question your skill, it locks better than the studio version by a long shot and I love BSG. Thank you for sharing this build with us, def a pic of the yaer in my opinion.

7. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

WOW Thats a good job.........I mean a very good job

You have all my gratitude !

Have a nice life
    "So say we all"
  8. l0rdg

l0rdg New Member

that is a an awesome build...thanks for sharing!
  9. Chilihead-Do

Chilihead-Do Member

WTF IS THIS???
    Even if I don't like the old Glactica, this is really epic.
    So much details...
    You're a papergod! :thumb:
  10. jase9112

jase9112 New Member

Holy pants!

That is amazing!

Any chance of a pegasus sometime down the line?
  11. Vince

Vince Member

Not to defend the cats, but the BSG was, in the story, an older fleet veteran. To a certain point, a few dents would add character! :thumb:
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have every thing I can cross crossed for you! :)
  13. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Good luck ekuth! Shame to let it go, but priorities are important. Good luck buddy!
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through, and that things have gotten worse. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.
    I wish you the best of luck on the sale and wish & hope that you are able to get TOP DOLLAR for the BIG "G". You deserve it.

Take care my friend.
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I do hope things improve with the sale of this beast. You've put in a truckload of work on her, and it would be a karmic injustice if it nothing came of it.

I'm very pleased to see that there are already six bids and there are still five days. I hope this nets $1K+. :thumb:

Do you mind if I post the link to the auction at the Starship Modeler site's Marketplace?
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

18. Zathros

Zathros Guest

19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

20. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

It seems you have a persistent crowd Ekuth! Best luck to you mate, can I post this link on another forum?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.