Well, after seeing all the fantastic Galactica work going on here, I decided to bring the Giganta Galactica out of mothballs and get back to work on her. I'll be posting pics as I go along. Most of what I had already done had suffered the ravages of cramped closet space, cats and kids. Fortunately, the more critical parts (the landing bays and engines) were able to be salvaged. I've been tearing apart what I had built of the old girl, removing the LED wiring and rebuilding what was lost. I've also decided that since I'm going to be doing this, I'm going to go the super-detail route and see how far I can stretch the bounds of papercraft. To start, I'll be using what I have so far as an underlying base and then layering on top of that to produce the greebles. Today's work consisted of salvaging the nose section. Side view. The top of the hull is unattached at this point, as I am still working on the lighting. Will be glued in place once that is done and then the layering of hull plating will begin. Close up of one of the "insert" areas of the nose. I'm pleased with the strength of the lighting. Placement is everything! You can see the nose took a real beating along the seam lines there. We'll be fixing that up later. Damn cats! Underside of the nose is in fairly good shape. Trench needs a little work, and the hull plating will definately help cover those bleedthrough areas. Next up: Finishing the lighting placement, affixing the bridge and upper observation deck, and starting the hull plating. Stay tuned!