TOS Cylon Armor Parts

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Jack Shet

Jack Shet New Member

Are there any designs to create the gauntlets for a Cylon costume?
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Check the first page of the thread; the gauntlets are available in two varieties. My simple ones, and movieman's more complex right gauntlet.

If you're referring to the gloves; you'll have to dig those up on Ebay. They're a commonly available hockey glove that's modified and usually painted black.

Check the link for details.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  3. gremlin19573

gremlin19573 Member

this is great thanks:thumb:
  4. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Being a big BSG fan from way back when, I noticed this thread the other day and it inspired me to work on one of the missing pieces to BazookaJo's awesome cylon armor.

Now I'm no wiz at this stuff, but the 3D model of the sword & sheeth I made last night actually turned out pretty good (see pic), so if y'all want, I can try to convert it to an unfolded pep file and add it to the download section.

P.S. There's a little more detail to the model than what the pic shows, but Blender's standard prewiew mode is rather lacking. :oops:
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Awesome! Please do post it!
  6. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Well I did try to unfold it yesterday, but I got a bunch of weird shapes because the model doesn't want to import into the Pepakura program very well. So, give me some time to learn more about how to work with Pep to get the sword to a presentable state... right now it's pretty FUBAR. :curse:
  7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Note, Some 3d models are made using shapes that overlap, basically, one shape hides some of another shape. Pepa unfolds all shapes, not just the visible parts. This could be the root of your problem... Good luck!
  8. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Nope, I design everything as a one-piece hollow model, so that's not the problem. I'm thinking it's probably how Blender exports, since Pep won't accept an .obj file from Blender, but it will accept an .obj made from other programs. I'll eventually figure it out. ;)
  9. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Glad to hear! :) Looking forward to seeing the final design. :D
  10. Jixton

Jixton New Member

Has anyone come across some child sized plans for the Classic Cylon?, or should this request be placed within a separate thread?
  11. papadavigi

papadavigi New Member

This looks great i love the helmet.
  12. greatsaje

greatsaje New Member

After 6 months and 3 attempts at this helmet I finaly managed to make a good fiberglass master. I take it to show one of my mates and his comment was "Its good, but you know it would look better if you Steampunked it", at that point I promptly gave him the files and wished him luck, cause I had enough fun making my first one, but i must admit he was right, it would be an awsum Steampunk project.
  13. kory315

kory315 New Member

This is exactly what I have been looking for, and I should have enough time to do this one right and be ready for halloween. (Unlike my Jango fett build which got rushed and incomplete).
  14. stormtrooper2011

stormtrooper2011 New Member

Cool great work :) nice costume
  15. rysjin

rysjin New Member

Ya know when I was a kid I loved battlestar gallactica th' cylinder were my favorite though. Awesome armor pieces I'm kinda new ta this forum my name's Rysjin I'm not new ta modeling but I am new ta papermodels
  16. Big Al

Big Al Member

I have been searching for hours and I can't seem to find them! are they here or on another site? could you post the link so I can get there?

Thanks Big Al
  17. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Access to the downloads area is restricted until your post count is over 11. Please be sure to review the forum rules and policies.
  18. Big Al

Big Al Member

I did read that, My bad, I'm interested because it seems bazooka jo and you are the only sources for some kind of parts for cylon suits, My specialty is vacuum forming and I have just completed a presentation on vac forming at By Your Command, and I am looking for a way to make plugs and I thought I could build a bazooka jo model and make plugs from them, as I scoured the web I found you guy's here and saw the sleeves you were designing and got excited! so I guess I'll have to make some posts so I can see your work!

Thanks again Big Al
  19. movieman

movieman Member

20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yeah, but they're even cheaper if you make them yourself.:mrgreen::thumb: