TOS Cylon Armor Parts

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

So, not wanting to be idle on vacation...

I hit Metasequoia and Pepakura to produce some of the missing TOS Cylon Centurion parts.

I'm happy to announce that they're available in the Downloads section; under the Galactica subheading.

These are Pepakura Files that are unlocked to allow for scaling up/down.

These are NOT screen accurate, but made more to finish a suit in a reasonable amount of time and energy. They're close, but any layman likely won't notice the difference anyway.

Between these and Bazookajo's Helm, Backpack and Chest piece (of which I collabarated on the Backpack and Chest with him) you should have damn near the whole major armor pieces. Only the boot tops remain, I'm roughing those out now.

Pics to follow soon.

Enjoy, boys and girls.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I foresee a Cylon invasion this fall......:eek::p
  3. movieman

movieman Member

Darn looks like you beat me to it, I was working on some extra cylon parts, but have saved me the trouble :)

Here is a picture of the right arm I have nearly completed.

Cylons rule............
  4. mapleman

mapleman Member

Movieman, you should still finish off your Cylon right arm part.
    It looks great.
    Plus Ekuth, thank you for getting the ball rolling on this Cylon parts.
    Great work from bothof you.
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Your right arm is definately more accurate than mine, movieman. :mrgreen:

Like I said, mine are rough.
  6. facelift

facelift Member

ekuth your work is great,
    its what I was looking for on google which took me to this site.
  7. Red

Red Member

this looks good :thumb:
    :mrgreen: I want I want I want :twisted:
    :rolleyes: so when are the new parts going to be available to all of us cylon robots junkiessign1
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

My parts are up in the download section now... movieman's welcome to post his too. The more choices, the better! :mrgreen:
  9. movieman

movieman Member

I will finish both left and right wrist armour as fast as I can, with all the demands to produce items I cannot explode them to a high quality so I will have to do what I can enough to upload them and then it will be down to you to smooth them out. my poor computer is smoking these days:mrgreen: I have a back log of stuff to do for local friends.

I own a fibreglass cylon armour, so I can match up the papercraft detail very close. I am trying to also produce some predator armour to wear for this coming halloween :mrgreen:, wore cylon last halloween.... with full light and sound effect created by myself.

10. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

Download Section Location Found

Do you have the link for the download section? Also, do you have any pics of the suit. I am a big BSG fan and I have followed it from the beginning. I grew up with it. Can't wait to build my own costumes and props from the show!

I was able to find it. Is there going to be more parts coming for this? I didn't see the help. I think that I will miss around with pepakura some more to see what I can create. Are there any tutorials that would help me? Thanks for your help. By the way your guys stuff looks awesome.
  11. movieman

movieman Member

Here i a early video my wife took of me in the half completed Cylon costume..... would you believe I only payed £70 uk pounds for the armour about $120 US dollars............ a bargin I think. The sound effects are real not dumbed in and the cylon eye I assembled myself for less than £10 Uk pounds..... Unlike other cylon eyes, I place over the LED area with some defused plastic so you cannot see the unlite LEDs plus it gives a better look the the finished look.

Video was shot on mobile camera for fun.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="">
  12. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Looks like you built the same eye circuit as I did, movieman... off the Evil Mad Scientist site? I used hotglue to diffuse the light on mine... same principle.

Where did you get your undersuit? I'm getting ready to work on mine; thinking of just adapting a pair of black sweats (top/bottom) to do the job. Spandex... and my frame would not be a good match. :rolleyes:

I know the originals are a plum color, but I'm going with black.
  13. movieman

movieman Member

Ya I prefere going with a black undersuit rather than the plum, No did not use the Evil Mad Scientist , I just purchased a running LED circuit board and the re configured the soldering of the leds so the instead of running in 1 straight line the went back and forth I also got a speed controller built in to altar the speed of the LEDS :mrgreen:.

I am thinking for my next Cylon treat is to create a life sized model of the new cylons from Galactica.... the tall ones... now that would look nice in the corner :twisted:
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

15. movieman

movieman Member

I love it.............. cylons will rule the earth:mrgreen:

Here is a funny photo from last halloween, you probably seen the stormtrooper version of this..... now it's the Cylon's turn :rolleyes:
  16. hynot

hynot New Member

well as have to go is not to avoid even for a Cylon
  17. movieman

movieman Member

Hi all,

I have uploaded a prep for the cylon right hand gauntlet in the download area which I finished off today in my lunch break :mrgreen: hope you find it of use in some way.

Bye your command.

Yes I will do the left hand gauntlet when I get the chance :thumb:
  18. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

THANK YOU!! You are the MAN!
  19. DesignR

DesignR New Member

Does this shot of the prototype suit help?

Attached Files:

20. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

The new Cylon janitor. Guaranteed to keep any school or business clean forever. You don't have to worry about sick leave, vacation leave, or even breaks. Some malfunctions may occur but, human death is very slim. You can trust Graystone.