TOS BSG in working

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by alexold, Feb 26, 2011.

1. alexold

alexold Alex Old

Hello every one. I'm a Sci-Fi fans, I like old Sci-Fi movie. Because they are use the "Studio scale model" to take film. It's a different feeling from CG model.
    Like old Star Wars, they are use model too.
    I very like this old BSG model. After serch long time I find this page, there was show 300 pixs of the original studio model. And thanks the owner to published them for every one to free use.

Battlestar Galactica Studio Model from The Gary Cannavo Collection

Use the pic. DL from this page, I start to analysis about the size of this classic model. In the original model maker's website, says the model was base 6 foot long. The finish model around 6 foot 3 inchs. So I made a base size like follow:

With all these pixs and others all find in the same websit, I try to made a detail CG model.

And the most news was the right side of bow almost finish.

But it's just about 60% at all, still need very long time to work.

6 foot was too long for me, my personal room has no place to put such big model. I think after finish this CG model, I'll try to turn to a small size card model. Maybe 72 CM in base, so 1 CM = 1 Inch in scale.

Wish you like.
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Hello, Alex! I saw your model on modelermagic and must say that I am completely blown away. There is no BSG CG model that could live up to yours. I am looking forward to seeing it completed. I would love to see a studio-scale paper model of the old lady.
  3. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

That looks sweet.
  4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Keep an eye on my TOS Mega Galactica thread for some upcoming news/updates...
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

Can't wait to see the new updates on your model ekuth.
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Stunning work alexold! I wish I had your skill in modelling. What program are you using for your modelling and renders?

It's always been a dream of mine to do just such a detailed model as a large scale paper model. I'll be looking forward to seeing how yours progresses.

7. skoda

skoda Genius Designer Master Builder

Once the model will be done free download

I am a big fan of sci-fi models