Toronto Visit

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dave Flinn, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Just wanted to let you Torontonians know that I plan to be in Toronto from November 6-16, for the Royal Winter Fair. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn on King. If there's any chance of a Gauge get together, let me know.
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Dave,, Hope you have a good visit, I remember you saying that you and your wife like to come up for the winter fare.

Sorry I wont be able to get out:( shame we have the Christmas show on the 22/23, suppose you will out of here be then?
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The weekend of the 8th/9th there are:
    Hobby Show at the International Centre (in the airport area)
    Model RR show in Whitby (eastern exurbs of Toronto)
    Both really require a car for access; weekend transit just won't hack it.
  4. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Thanks for the responses to date and the info on what's going on the weekend of the 8-9. I will have a car, so transport should not be a problem. Other activities and integrating with the rest of the family are potential problems.
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Oops! Just noticed this

Dave, I just saw this thread now (Nov 12). Hope you're able to check the forum from your hotel, and that it's not too late to suggest a get-together. I'm free Thursday and Friday afternoons and evenings and of course any time on the weekend.

You're welcome to come out and see my layout in progress, and there are also a couple clubs around town you might want to visit. In terms of the family, feel free to bring them along. I've got X-Box for the kids, and your wife can have tea with my mom if she's not interested in trains or video games.

Email me for phone no. and address.