Toronto Union Station

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Great shot!
As you may have heard, there are plans to redevelop Union Station and the area around it, so photos like this are going to become more and more important.
Gonna grab my camera and head on down this weekend.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Spit I MUST have one of those maybe 3 or 4 even for the gang:D
I thought you would like a close up of a double slip at Union Station.;)

Tractionaly Yours.
Chris.

Attachments

• close look at double slip union station.jpg
    close look at double slip union station.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 294

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Yup, Thats the name Val. Drove by there last Thursday,saw that, and meant to correct my error.
Chris, any winter pictures with the crew out there with flaming oil cans that look like long spout watering cans, so they can melt the ice that interferes with the operation of those double and single slips?

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Robin, I am sure I have come across a picture like that on one of my web searches!!

I am pretty busy right now getting every thing ready for Railfair show in Ottawa, it takes 4 days off us guys but we enjoyed it last year.
I will get back to you on that one next week, I think I can find something.
Cheers.
Chris.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow! I've just been staring at that picture looking at the wealth of information there! Awesome. Toronto Island in the background, is that part of Canada Malting or is the Linseed place that used to be down around there?
Just great.

Val

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
That old black and white picture :) you can not get a better lasting picture, If I had a copy I would be pouring over it with my magy glass:D :D
Lovely....

Robin I did have a calander a few years ago with a shot of men working on the frozen switches at Union Station.
Now I never throw anything out BUT:p :p :p :p
I do throw them some where:confused: :confused:
So I will begin a search and hope for the best.
Cheers.
Chris.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
More of Toronto

This is the view north from the CIBC building (now the old part of Commerce court, then the tallest building in the British Empire.)
The large brick building in the middle is Simpsons Sears -now the Bay- and the Toronto old City Hall Tower behind it.

Attachments

• cibcnorth.jpg
    cibcnorth.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 117

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great photos David. Just look at that activity around the John street roundhouse.
The picture north also shows the old Eaton buildings where I worked. I had an office in what had been the leather factory. Then the bulldozers came in and the Toronto Eaton Centre was born

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hi gang.
I can't date the photos exactly -- I didn't do things like that then. It's after 1959 - possibly summer of 1960. I can't see the new City Hall, but the site seems to have been made a parking lot.
There are a lot of buildings in the photo that have disappeared; it's surprising, though, how many of them are still there.