Toronto-area LHS Question

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a question for any Toronto-area members... One of my favourite LHS's -- Railview Trains -- has been closed for over a week. I'm concerned to find out if the owner is OK and what's happening. It's one of my favourite shops, with excellent service.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask such a question here but I'm getting more concerned due to the length of time.

Thanks so much, Rob

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Robert

I'm afraid it's bad news... the worst in fact.

I just heard from a fellow over on the CN group that Dave passed away last weekend. This is going to be a huge loss for so many people, his family not least. Our prayers go out to them.

Here's the original announcement from the CN Sig mailing list.

"I am so sorry to hear about Dave from Railview Hobbies in Markham. Dave passed away over the weekend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. I hope his hobby shop continues in operation as it was a very good one. Dave was always very helpful to me. "

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
spitfire said:
Hi Robert

I'm afraid it's bad news... the worst in fact.
I just heard from a fellow over on the CN group that Dave passed away last weekend. This is going to be a huge loss for so many people, his family not least. Our prayers go out to them.
Here's the original announcement from the CN Sig mailing list.
"I am so sorry to hear about Dave from Railview Hobbies in Markham. Dave passed away over the weekend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. I hope his hobby shop continues in operation as it was a very good one. Dave was always very helpful to me. "

Thanks so much for your note. I'm still reeling from this news -- thinking about it constantly. My office is literally a short walk to his store, so I'd often be over there during lunch hours. I'd buy a few odds & ends, and also get excellent advice from Dave. His advice and model railroad wisdom were solid. (He's the one who convinced me to use Wahl oil to lubricate my locos and clean my track!)

If I had a certain problem, he knew how to fix it. Sometimes he'd roll his eyes at my questions, but he always took the time to answer them and explain his solutions. I'm really going to miss him and my lunch time visits to his store.

Take care and thanks again for your note.
Rob