Tornado headed toward my town!!! HELP!

papaace

Jun 25, 2009
Get to the lowest part of your property, If inside get to the center of the house and lay flat on the floor. Stay away from the windows! Good luck !

Squirrel-

Jul 20, 2010
oh, it's no big deal. we have those all the time here in oklahoma. i even go outside to look!

Squirrel-

Jul 20, 2010
i don't know where "on vacation" is, but i do know that in tornado alley, around may we have a tornado every other day.

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
One came by our town a few weeks ago. It nearly devastated the trailer park on the east side (don't laugh!), and it created so much wind that, as far away as it was, it made the town look like a war zone.

Luckily I was at the cinema, which is about five miles out of town and well out of range of most of the destruction. Ironically, my dad told me not to go because of the tornado. :rolleyes:

bulldogowner

Destroyer of Spam
Oct 12, 2006
West Michigan
One cannot laugh at trailer parks and tornados...trailer parks are either specifically placed in known tornado paths, or they are huge tornado magnets...little known facts!! sign1 Glad to see you were smart and went to the movies!!

uradodah

Aug 19, 2010
Tornadoes aren't funny. With that said...

I always figured the best place to be - instead of your basement - would be on the top of your house. That way, you fall on the house instead of it falling on you!

I'm glad to hear everything passed by.

qwerty2008

qwerty2008
Sep 20, 2010
so-cal
There were several tornadoes where I live a few years back I live in southern California (we never get tornadoes out here) it was so awesome I could see them out my window.

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
ironically, there was a tornado in my city two weeks ago, which tore down trees of all sizes as if they were toothpicks. As I was making my commute to the train station, I noticed that one poor car had THREE trees toppled on top of it! sign1

greentree

Feb 16, 2011
Thats good news! It would have been awful if the Tornado had reached your house. Count yourself luckY!