Top Ten Clues you might be a card modeler

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cmdrted, Dec 29, 2004.

1. silverw

silverw Member

You could be a card modeler,.............

If you post to this post...........more than , once!!!

:shock: :evil:
  2. Peter H

Peter H Member

No I don't think so .......
  3. Peter H

Peter H Member

You can always tell a cardmodellor. He is the one that the wife gives some money to and sends him to the stationary department of the store when she wants to spend too much money herself.

ARMORMAN Guest

Rick, Don't you mean think ABOUT the box?

If you're burning through printer ink like never before and don't get upset when you ruin a part ("No biggie, I'll just print another..."), you might be a card modeller.

If you got to your model club (plastic) and everyone looks at you funny as you scissors, exacto, paper and glues while they are hauling out (waaaaay too expensive) boxes filled with sprued plastic parts, resin aftermarket parts, and photoetch; you might be a paper modeller
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

If, within minutes of the New Year you are still surfing the net for free downloads (got Trotskiy's new Hawk 75A4!!), you might be a cardmodeler. :D

6. cardfan

cardfan Member

I got a Christmas Card from my local paper store.
    I must be a paper modeler...
  7. murban

murban Member

You might be a card modeler if you have a small glass on your table where you collect the lost whiskers of your cat....

Hey, they make great antennas...

8. cooey

cooey New Member

You might be a card modeler if:

Your wife just shakes her head in wonder at your collection of more than 15 brands of pastes and glues together with dozens of different xacto knives and a filing cabinet filled with papers and boards collected from t-shirt packs to shoe boxes.
  9. Jimi

Jimi Member

maybe. i'd spend too much time bugging the saleslady at national bookstore about paper brands, prices and thickness.
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

You might be a card modeler if...

...your stack of unbuilt kits can be stored in a small box.
  11. Mace

Mace Member

You might be a card modeler if... use more diskspace for cardmodels then for games :lol:
  12. Gecko23

Gecko23 Member

Box? Oh my, I moved onto shelves a while ago...
  13. AdamN

AdamN Member

You might be a cardmodeler if...

every school project you help your kids with involves constructing a properly scaled, correctly colored, 3D model of whatever it is they are studying.
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You have 3 PC and they all have copies of your model downloads so you won't lose them!
  15. Darwin

Darwin Member

You might be a paper modeler if your wife can't get to her sewing machine because of the stack of unbuilt models awaiting scanning.

And number buy ink cartridges by the dozen.
  16. Boris

Boris Member

HI !
    I have two things more

You're a cardmodeller when you find that you don't really remeber how your fingers look without the glue on them

..When you know exactly where are the toothpicks - on your modelling table , where else ? :)
  17. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

..when you go into Ikea, or MacDonalds, and wonder why they supply everyone with free wooden glue applicators sticks. Then, you see some STUPID people using the glue applicators to stir their coffee! Mad fools!

Tim P
  18. Darwin

Darwin Member

....most of your bookmarks are in languages you can't understand. calls you in to discuss your "interests" in
  19. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I spend more time in the female beauty section of wallgreens buying tweezers, nail files, and other stuff than I do in the rest of the store! (btw I still need to try that trick that someone mentioned(sorry can't remember who) about using clear nail polish for making glass domes over wingtip lights and such.) :lol:
  20. Gil

Gil Active Member

You snatch a handful of chopsticks with every order of Chinese takeout...,