Top Ten Clues you might be a card modeler

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cmdrted, Dec 29, 2004.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I was thinking while building today, here in the US we have the David Letterman show and on this he has a top ten catagory of things usually current events and such, they are usually hilarious. Anyways I was thinking of a few top ten clues you might be a card modeler and came up with a few, feel free to add to this. Number 1; Your bill at the stationary store is higher than your heating bill, Number2; You look on enviously at package openings thinking "can I use that cardboard box for formers?",Number3 You watch an info-mercial on how glues are made, and One of my all time favourite thoughts Someone asks for a Polish translator, you step up and begin the conversation with "Opus Budowy"
  2. Huey

Huey Member

when you look at objects and you "see" the object made of cardboard (like real steel ships into a huge cardboard ship).

Happy Birthday Ted!
  3. jrts

jrts Active Member

When you look at a line of commuters on a train, all reading the "Times" or the "Wall Street Journal" except for the one with his/her head stuck into a copy of Halinski's latest model figuring out how it goes together :lol: :lol:

4. silverw

silverw Member

When you find that you spend more time at than you do at work! Not counting the time that you spend at while you are AT work. :shock:

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED, and a Happy New Year! :lol:
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

WHOOHOO, the subversion works :mrgreen:

Now I can rest easily

6. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

When non-modeler friends and family members start saving cardstock and cardboard for you...

When you go to Lowes/Home Depot/hobby lobby/etc for an hour and never get out of the glue aisle (true story -- I started reading labels)
  7. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

When your wife starts complaining because someone has gone through her magazines and cut out every "W"....
  8. DN

DN Member

When you know you are a hard core card modeler - when you pass by your local hobby shop without interest, thinking - nothing for me there anyway :cry:
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Your credit card company calls to verify a purchase not made at hobbyfactory, spishop, DeWaynes etc.
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You get very excited about a new pair of scissors................. :shock:
  11. cygielski

cygielski Member

You actually have arguments about the properties of various kinds of glue.
  12. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hehehe. When your wife/mother/father/ other family members complain about gluestains on their table and mounds of trimmed cardboard littered at the workplace.. :lol:
  13. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Um, when you make parts from cardboard for your plastic model and then suddenly...

Why not make one entirely from card?... :wink:
  14. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

When you rather work on a model than go to sleep even when it's 2am, as a result of that cut your finger and the first thought you have is " mmm how am i gonna put that together."

don't ask.
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart New Member

When you use CA to glue a cut on your finger together, because you don't wan't to stop working. OUCH!

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, this thread could easily have gone the route of "You might be a Redneck....." You might be a card modeler......
  16. larrymax

larrymax Member begin wondering if you can get any money for re-cycling all your used #11 exacto blades!
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

If you find yourself buying toys for your daughter, not based on the toy itself, or even if she even wants the darn thing, but on the shape of the plastic bubble pack (Hmmm... just the right shape for that canopy) might be a card modeler. :D

18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

you might be a card modeler if, when you are helping your mom move her sewing room, and you pick out stuff you want, and mom helps with items that you might or might not use

Rick(true story, doing this all week)
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Rick.............what about looking at the sewing section at your local Wal-Mart for stuff to use.............guilty :shock:

Speaking of........... they have a Bamboo seam creaser thing that works wonders on paper. You can sharpen it with your dull x-acto blade to just the right thickness... :D

and it's only a couple of bucks

man.............we need help :roll:
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

No, doing this hobby and any other, allows us to think outside the box, we now look at other things as a tool or device to help us work better, or just make it easier for us to do something