Top Gear Triumph Herald

Gixergs

This is a model from the UK TV show Top Gear of James May's Herald amphibious car?.Pre-coloured-cut and using a system of slots and tabs to secure it.This was a wonderful fun gift I received out of the blue and was a lot of fun to build,except for the wheels which were pigs,The tab and slots worked well by and large although I will probably glue some of them later. This came as a set of 3 the others being the Damper Van and the Toyboata. Good fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl3bsL7Nbnk the real beasties!

Attachments

• Herald1.JPG
    Herald1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
  • herald2.JPG
    herald2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 292
  • herald4.JPG
    herald4.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • herald6.JPG
    herald6.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 331

Gixergs

The You Tube link is to the actual challenge and you will see that the Herald was the only one that didn't sink!!:mrgreen: as for the waterline I was just mucking about with a blue carrier bag so I didn't really look into it!

peter taft

Way cooooooooooooool my old mate :thumb:. I saw this episode when first transmitted and a lot of their others too. Nice build, and like the water effect :thumb: Are you making the other vehicles too ?

paulhbell

But it sank trying to get over to France, it didn't get out of the harbour. So did the dampervan. All the guys sailed across the Channel in Clarkson's Toyboata.

Chesso2001

That Is a first a Herald papercraft :) now how to get rid of captain slows modifications :)
now all I would need is a Triumph Spitfire one to match :)
Carl

Gixergs

I was given them as a gift so I don't know where all I can suggest is maybe Amazon or if you can the BBC website might have them in their store.Good luck hunting!

Chesso2001

Will have to look for that :) Well timmed as the crossing a lake episode has just finished on bbc 3 :) Should be on Iplayer soon with any luck :)

hmas

I'll have to look back at my directory, but I think it was an episode about 2-3 yrs ago.
& as funny as hell, How 3 so called intelligent *&^ could stuff up simple things like blocking radiators etc, is beyond me.
But I guess if they did it in a sensible way it would only be another boring car show!
Tony sth Oz

Gixergs

Hey Phil... just thought i'd ask if you are still going to be putting the other models in this thread... i was kinda looking forward to seeing them :wave:
Sorry Pete yep I will but at the moment have found some shinier toys to play with courtesy of Mr Pilsworth.:thumb:

peter taft

Sorry Pete yep I will but at the moment have found some shinier toys to play with courtesy of Mr Pilsworth.:thumb:

Oooooooooooooh Mr Tease aims to please :twisted: Is it the 88 - the Gnat or... or...:p Good old Gary :thumb: So i will wait patiently while you are busy with the other builds mate.. Post 'em soon..... PLEASE :mrgreen:

Gixergs

I shall try my friend but you know how quick Gary is with his designs,and Old 66 is on her way!!