Took it down again

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Well, I guess another way to look at it is: logging lines didn't stay in one area for a really long time. When the trees were all cut down, they had to pick up and move on to somewhere else. Of course, they used all the same sized engines, structures and rolling stock at their new location... :)

As much as I hate to see the old one go (AGAIN), I look forward to seeing the new one!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's how the room looks as of 19-02pm GMT on the 16th April 2003.
Shamus

Attachments

• empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 141

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by shamus
The Red Fox Lumber Company will live on with the 0n30 .

Anyway guys, I need glasses just to see an 0 gauge person now, let alone try and paint some HO ones anymore. Gee, I used to piant N-scale people years ago, must have been mad.

shamus

Let's see, at this rate it will be On30 this year, and then next year at this time do we expect to see you tear out the On30 and move on to large scale?

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Steve, so am I, it will be a new venture, if I can only get my head around the size of these structures.

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by camelot
Shamus... I presume you know about the Bachman On3O shay , i saw one the other day , sure looks good :)

Ian
Yes I shall be getting one of those myself.
------------------------
Pete
Whats with this change my "member status" there's a new On30 "Newbie" in the conspiracy ...:D
I have been into conspiracy dealings with HO for years, does that count :rolleyes:

Shamus

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Ahem,

Ah, Shamus, ya know the next logical step up from On30 is to give up the narrow track and go to "S". also, the 1:64 scale is a nice compromise between that "Big" "O" scale and that "little" HO stuff. Not too big, not too small.....

And the baby bear said, "This is juus"S"t RIGHT!"

The commercial moment is over....

Shamus, i cannot BELIEVE, how often you take your layout down and redo it! Are you Hindu? Looking forward to seeing your progress. Know i'll learn more neat stuff.

The Red Fox is dead, long live the Red Fox!

Regards,
Ted (the lone "s" gauger)

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Paul, do I see another CD book in the making, only on On30? I too look forward to watching the new layout develop before our eyes here on the "The Gauge."

Ted, you ain't the only S gauger here.

Greg Elems

JeanDagenais

Apr 9, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Hello!

I feel quite sorry as seeing the Red Fox being brought down, :( but I am very much excited at following this new layout being build. ;)

I consider the work you have done on Badger Creek and Red Fox as very artistic and outstanding!

I am planning to build my first layout later this year, and I was wondering about how you take design decisions as you develop your new project?

Thanks,
Jean

1. How do you decide of the design of your new layout? (e.g. structure, lenght, rail mapping, road, brigdes, etc.)

Is it simply based on the previous one (e.g. Red Fox extended to On30), or you create something completely new based on your experience?

Do you try to innovate when you create a new layout? (e.g. trying something new you have never done before, or stay with proven methods)

2. How much of your previous work in HO can you reuse in On30?

Can you reuse locomotives, carts, scratch buildings, trees, directly or by adapting them?

3. What will you use to drive it? DC or DCC, and why?

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by JeanDagenais

1. How do you decide of the design of your new layout? (e.g. structure, lenght, rail mapping, road, brigdes, etc.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This takes me quite a while doodling on the computer art package to draw some track plans
Is it simply based on the previous one (e.g. Red Fox extended to On30), or you create something completely new based on your experience?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are times when certain aspects of my layouts tend to creep into new ones, but all in all, most are new concepts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you try to innovate when you create a new layout? (e.g. trying something new you have never done before, or stay with proven methods)
Yes sometimes I do tryout new idea's but mostly I tend to stay with proven methods.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. How much of your previous work in HO can you reuse in On30?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
None of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you reuse locomotives, carts, scratch buildings, trees, directly or by adapting them?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trees can be used, but they will be smaller in scale, new ones will be needed. Also scratchbuilding of loco bodies will take place using HO chassis's.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. What will you use to drive it? DC or DCC, and why?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DC has always been my way, cannot see the point of DCC when only 2 trains will be run at any one time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Jimmy,
Got a phone call from your Daughter, I think you know why :D
cheers
Shamus