Took it down again

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Apr 15, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hehehe, I am at it again, just look at my mess.
    Going into On30 in a little while.

Attached Files:

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry, words just could describe it :D :D :D
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Shamus ,

So you take layouts apart to :D :D :D :D
    Why the conversion??
    HOOOOO got to ya pal:eek:
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

I just don't know where you get your energy from:D :D :D Is this the second or third layout this year??:eek: :D :D :D Must be something in the water over there:D :D I'll be waiting for the ON3 pics:)
  5. Amazing! Truly amazing! I can't get even one finished, and you're starting your third in a year!

Well, it will give us a whole new set of pics to look at and marvel over. ;) :D
  6. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

* Someone please go get a pitcher of water and pour it over my face....I've passed out on the floor! *
  7. camelot

camelot Member

I can't believe , didn't you just finish this layout :confused:

BTW : Loverly backdrops are there any more closer pictures of those?

8. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Methinks Paul is going for a record.....

The most finished layouts in one lifetime by one man.

But then he's probably already broken that record.

By the way, I received my CD, Paul. It's terrific!

Bill S
  9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It seems to me Shamus that you should have a house with at least three railroad rooms. One for N gauge(which you had at one time) one for HO to keep running those gorgeous Shays, then one for these new fangled ON30s
  10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Shamus you make a grown man cry when you tear down those beautiful layouts! :( :eek:
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Now come on guys, it's only the first this year. One layout per year for the last 10 years is more like it.:D
  12. camelot

camelot Member

Are you still staying in HO scale Paul , or are you completely changing scale , if so what made you change?

13. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Ian,
    I am changing to 0n30, main reason is I have been there- done it- liked what I did - and re did it all over again in HO. So I thought about 2 months ago that a complete change in scales was needed. Hence 0n30.

14. jkristia

jkristia Member

Well, one more fine layout for the scrapbook :)
    As usual, it will be interesting to follow you progress on the next layout.

What happened to that N scale idea you were thinking of some month ago?

15. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Come on, Shamus. A man with your skill and experience shouldn't be working in 16.5mm gauge anymore.
    You should be in OnEM or possibly On18.83.
    :D :D
    (I said that to Brian Fayle, and he tried to divide 18.83 by 7 and reduce the answer to shillings and pence.)
  16. camelot

camelot Member

Are you still staying in HO scale Paul , or are you completely changing scale , if so what made you change?

17. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Oh my, Paul - what a dreary sight... :(
    I see only one problem - where do you take a pic of the H0 Gauge Boxcar, when he turns up at your home? Will you build a small layout in between just for that? :D :D :D

As for your On30 layout: Let's look at it like Phoenix rising from the ashes* - the new one will be still better, more beautiful (if that's possible), with incredible details - and even bigger Shays! :cool:

As sad it is to see the Fox Lumber Co. go - I am looking forward to your progress reports on the new ??? Lumber Company. (Do you already have a name for it?) Take us along on that trip, will you? :)

*) Note: 'rising from the ashes': Please DO NOT take this too literally. Better re-use these risers on the new layout! :D
  18. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Shamus. You are just like a woman. Always changing your mind. lol.

Be sure to keep us posted with photos.:confused: :confused: :confused:
  19. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

April 15, 2003 UK, Shamus, AKA Paul, has fallen victim to the dreaded On30 conspiracy. Photo evidence indicates that he has loosed the hounds on his Red Fox lumber company, resulting in its demise. Model railroaders around the world react nervously to the seemingly unstoppable progress of the conspiracy. Modelers in all scales feel that "not falling victim to the conspiracy, will truely be a narrow escape". :D :D :D
    Can't wait to see your work in O scale. Are you going to build your climax in O ? Have you already acquired an O scale shay?
    inquisitive minds want to know! :D :D
  20. shamus

shamus Registered Member

I shall be using the boxcab and adding to it to make an On30 boxcab.

Have already got one tiny Porter. sure is sweet.

0n30 conspiracy is it, Hmmm, I can live with that.

The Red Fox Lumber Company will live on with the 0n30 .

Anyway guys, I need glasses just to see an 0 gauge person now, let alone try and paint some HO ones anymore. Gee, I used to piant N-scale people years ago, must have been mad.