Took it down again

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hehehe, I am at it again, just look at my mess.
Going into On30 in a little while.
shamus

Attachments

• messa.jpg
    messa.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 233

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
I just don't know where you get your energy from:D :D :D Is this the second or third layout this year??:eek: :D :D :D Must be something in the water over there:D :D I'll be waiting for the ON3 pics:)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
It seems to me Shamus that you should have a house with at least three railroad rooms. One for N gauge(which you had at one time) one for HO to keep running those gorgeous Shays, then one for these new fangled ON30s

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Now come on guys, it's only the first this year. One layout per year for the last 10 years is more like it.:D
Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian,
I am changing to 0n30, main reason is I have been there- done it- liked what I did - and re did it all over again in HO. So I thought about 2 months ago that a complete change in scales was needed. Hence 0n30.

shamus

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Well, one more fine layout for the scrapbook :)
As usual, it will be interesting to follow you progress on the next layout.

What happened to that N scale idea you were thinking of some month ago?

Jesper

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Come on, Shamus. A man with your skill and experience shouldn't be working in 16.5mm gauge anymore.
You should be in OnEM or possibly On18.83.
:D :D
(I said that to Brian Fayle, and he tried to divide 18.83 by 7 and reduce the answer to shillings and pence.)

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Oh my, Paul - what a dreary sight... :(
I see only one problem - where do you take a pic of the H0 Gauge Boxcar, when he turns up at your home? Will you build a small layout in between just for that? :D :D :D

As for your On30 layout: Let's look at it like Phoenix rising from the ashes* - the new one will be still better, more beautiful (if that's possible), with incredible details - and even bigger Shays! :cool:

As sad it is to see the Fox Lumber Co. go - I am looking forward to your progress reports on the new ??? Lumber Company. (Do you already have a name for it?) Take us along on that trip, will you? :)

Ron

*) Note: 'rising from the ashes': Please DO NOT take this too literally. Better re-use these risers on the new layout! :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
RESISTANCE WAS FUTILE, HE HAS BEEN ASSIMILATED !

April 15, 2003 UK, Shamus, AKA Paul, has fallen victim to the dreaded On30 conspiracy. Photo evidence indicates that he has loosed the hounds on his Red Fox lumber company, resulting in its demise. Model railroaders around the world react nervously to the seemingly unstoppable progress of the conspiracy. Modelers in all scales feel that "not falling victim to the conspiracy, will truely be a narrow escape". :D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul,
Can't wait to see your work in O scale. Are you going to build your climax in O ? Have you already acquired an O scale shay?
inquisitive minds want to know! :D :D
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Ron
I shall be using the boxcab and adding to it to make an On30 boxcab.

Pete,
Have already got one tiny Porter. sure is sweet.

0n30 conspiracy is it, Hmmm, I can live with that.

The Red Fox Lumber Company will live on with the 0n30 .

Anyway guys, I need glasses just to see an 0 gauge person now, let alone try and paint some HO ones anymore. Gee, I used to piant N-scale people years ago, must have been mad.

shamus