Tompm Layout Party #6: Beginning of the RK&M

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks all!

Relic said:
Tom you show every angle of the model but I can't see what you needed that pipe wrench for

It is for intimidation. I told the Medusa Cement kit if it gave me any further problems I was going to take a pipe wrench to it!hamr :D And I had to do so at one point. The wrench worked great as a weight to hold down the silo roof in one area. :)

Speaking of the Medusa Cement Company kit it is now assembled. The only things that I did not install were the truck doors on the silo. I still have not decided if I am going to install them. They may be too modern for my era.

I will have photos once I remove the tape and clamps that I have holding things.

Next is weathering it.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here are the promised pictures of the cement distributor.

abi.jpg

abj.jpg

abk.jpg

Since I took these I decided to add the truck doors and I added the sign. I chose one of the Walters supplied names: Inland Cement Company.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Now I have also begun lacking the track bed. I am using Woodland Scenics Foam Track Bed.

abp.jpg

abq.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Boy, what a cruddy-looking cement plant :rolleyes: :D... Great job of weathering my friend, I'm impressed with what you're doing. :thumb: :thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks guys!

I glued down the track and while it is drying, I have begun to try to fit the next industry into the layout. This is a coal-fired power plant. I would like to have an unloading track and a couple of storage tracks for the coal hoppers.

Here is the first attempt.
abr.jpg

abs.jpg

This is all subject to change. At the moment I am not thrilled with this. I am also contemplating having a scenic break in this area with a track going off into the mountains to a coal mine.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I have begun working in the area of cement distributor. I have laid the track bed.

abt.jpg

abu.jpg

Testing the clearances in the shed
abv.jpg

abw.jpg

abx.jpg

Now I need to find a realistic bumper in HO.

Art67

Tom, those are some fine buildings you have there. The weathering looks great, not to mention all the spurs you have added to enhance operation. I am looking forward to see how the rest comes along as you always seem to feature my favorite roads in all of their gritty glory. Very nice. Stuart.

Relic

Tom , what's that wooden tool looking thing? Looks like a cut off cant hook handle with a wooden peg on it ??

Drew1125

Tom,
It's great to see all these famous scenes of yours being linked up together!
Now that you have this well-honed photographer's eye, it's going to be really cool to see what you come up with to "fill in the blanks", so to speak!
It's looking great!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks everyone!

Relic said:
Tom , what's that wooden tool looking thing? Looks like a cut off cant hook handle with a wooden peg on it ??

Which photo?:confused: Are you refering to the knocked over smokestack?:D