Today's swap meet

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
My family and I attended the swap meet at Adobe Mountain Railroad park today.
We had a good time even though it rained on and off.
We got to meet with Don (ezdays) and talk for a while.
We also met TrainNut, who had his N scale Wrought Iron Train Table layout set up and running. Remember this one.
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=11089&highlight=phoenix
I must tell you, the photos don't do it justice. You have to see it in person.
I found a few deals, I got a pair of manual Atlas turntables, $5 for the pair.
A Lionel HO Hustler for $3.
About a dozen other loco projects and an assortment of rolling stock.
My wife even won one of the door prizes, A K-Line Coca Cola X-mas car.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Good for you Ray, and for your wife, that helps them take their mind off where they are. I don't know about your wife but they tend to get bored after awhile as we look and search, just like I get bored when they shop and take forever. Glad you found some deals.:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
NYC-BKO said:
Good for you Ray, and for your wife, that helps them take their mind off where they are. I don't know about your wife but they tend to get bored after awhile as we look and search, just like I get bored when they shop and take forever. Glad you found some deals.:thumb:
Brian,

I gotta tell you, Ray's wife gets every bit as excited as he does, so does their son. That is one happy train family. I asked his wife Candy how long they've been there and she said, "oh, we got here before they opened".

Ray was lucky, I wasn't. There wasn't much in N scale, and the bit that was there had a top dollar price tag on it. There were no bargins. Lots of large scale trains running and they HO and N scale layouts there had a lot of work ahead. I think the club just completed the building not too long ago and just have the benchwork and most of the track in place.

Like Ray said, cold and wet, but fun anyway, and great to meet with Ray and his family again.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Don ,
Your right, I've been so busy tinkering with the HO and O gauge things I just realized we didn't buy any N scale things at all this time. Like you said, just didn't see any deals for N scale. :confused:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
It's always great to put flesh and bone to an eletronic aquaintence, glad for yall :thumb:

sigh....humph...cough, cough...did THEY have any Athearn handrail stantions ?(as he crawls off into the setting sun, his quest yielding no fruit of yet) ...cough, cough....wheez....

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
shaygetz said:
sigh....humph...cough, cough...did THEY have any Athearn handrail stantions ?(as he crawls off into the setting sun, his quest yielding no fruit of yet) ...cough, cough....wheez....

Didn't see any. :( Those are something I always look for too.
I saw lots of shells without railings for sale. :confused:
Might be time to figure out a way to manufacture them ourselves. :rolleyes: