To anyone who's built Mike Haggard's Phaser I & II?

Averjoe

What weight cardstock do you recommend? Any other suggestions on building? This will be my first card model in a looong time, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Averjoe

dkaniel

Standard 60lb paper will work fine. If you plan on putting the Type 1 Phaser inside the Type 2 Phaser, you will need to either print the Type 1 Phaser a little smaller or the Type 2 Phaser a little larger for both to match up.

E

ekuth

I always use 110 lb cardstock for all my models, unless fiddly bendy parts with small diameters are required.

They just last longer than standard paper, but not everyone has the vicious attack cats I do... :mrgreen:

MOS95B

I built these. I can't remember what kind of paper I used though. On my last purchase of paper, I went to a real paper warehouse here locally and bought it all by feel.

And ekuth is right, printed as downloaded, thay are a tight fit!! Mine worked, but I am very tempted to build another Type I (if I ever have time/energy) because every time I pop them apart it scares the heck out of me that they maight not go back together without some damage... :eek:

I know it's a horrible thumbnail, but here's a link to my phaser builds.....

jimm.30300

I used 110 and it worked well.:eek:ops: A suggestion you might findfun. When I built them I put a magnetic strip in the model and a metal strip in a belt loop. Both parts can be foundat hobby stores use a cut able self adhesive magnet it makes them work like inthe show and Hagreds are perfect fore this modification

You don’t need a metal strip in the force 2 as the fit tothe force 1 is snug and secure

Z

Zathros

AARMORMAN, one of our greatest sources of models, skills, and just about everything else you can think of. Make sure you check out his WaHammer40K Thread. A Bazillion models you can download NOW!