TMCC Expanded

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well tonight some more of the layout moved into the new century of electric trains. I have no successfully place TMCC on the elevated line so that I can now operate two MTH engines with two different CAB 1's.

I can't figure out why I have a GREAT love for TMCC but operate MTH engines. It might be the fact that more mfg's offer TMCC but to tell the truth at the present I only one one TMCC engine.

What I can tell you is that TMCC is dummy proof and pretty easy to set up and understand. I just love the Power Bricks and being able to load a line up with 360 watts of power. I know that is more than over kill for such a small layout but then again I have enough power if I ever expand the layout through the whole ground floor.

What I did tonight was to add a TPC 300 so that I could operate a MTH engine on the elevated while operating a MTH engine on the ground main line with the TPC 400. Since the elevated is a smaller track I settled for the TPC 300 over the TPC 400.

For now I am powering the TPC 300 with a MTH Z1000 but I will replace it with another Lionel 180 Watt Brick. the 100 Watt transformer does ok but I like I said I like all the power I can take.

The cost to power up different tracks can be costly since you need a different TPC for each track if you want to run MTH (conventional) with the CAB 1. However those darn things work so well that I can make any train crawl like a snail.

While I'm not a TMCC expert yet my knowledge is growing and the more I like TMCC even if I run the purple stuff.

Darn now I want to set up the third line with TMCC. When will this madness ever stop. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::cool::cool:
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Since all I have for now are floor layouts, I'll stick with the old standards. However, if I ever get the space and money for a larger O layout, I'm gonna try the TMCC. It just seems like such a cool way to run trains.
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Old standards are cool but TMCC rocks. If someone told me you could have this much fun I would say they were telling a fib.