Tmaxx Questions...

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by DMG Racing, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMG Racing

DMG Racing New Member

Hey guys, just had a few questions for you tmaxx bashers out there. Anyone have the big bores shocks? Are the springs that come with them worth a#@$%? They seem to be smaller then the stock ones and I don't like how my truck sits with them on. I haven't raced it yet, just put the new shocks on. Also, I run 20% traxas fuel and seem to run hot, my temps have reached 300 and I shut it down, what things could I do to prevent this? Will a different plug help me out? I run a mccoy's.
    Thanks
  2. redheat

redheat Member

Shocks thats the weakest link on the Maxx ,try going with the Trinity Blue springs on the corners 60-70 wt AE oil, Fuel Trinity monster brew 20% has more oils for lube purposes , Plug small block motors generally run better on hot plugs MC 59, MC8 try and use a short plug =less compression, Do a quick check for any air leaks , back plate ,carb. to manifold,heat sink, make sure nothing is binding in the drive train, hoses. RED
  3. DMG Racing

DMG Racing New Member

I think thats what I am running, the mc59. So what's a good short plug? What do you run Red?
    Won't that high weight of oil make the shocks too stiff with those blue springs?
  4. redheat

redheat Member

I like using the os A-8 for short but for the most part I'll use the MC8 longer reach, Little trick is if you do use a long and what to go short just had another washer to the plug. As far as shocks go you are right the shock oil with the blue springs well make the shock a little stiffer thats why I would only put them on the corners. RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.