Titanic For Dummies Thread

Bengt F

Make a Model TITANIC Book

Hey Billy and John John,

I got that model book, too. It´s a very nice one, even though the models are a bit simplified. I kind of liked the idea with three models, showing the liner at different periods in time.
I actually re-colored the whole bow wreck model, and I am still adding hundreds of 'rusticles' to the scanned sheets in Photoshop. I am also going to add some new scratch-built parts, like the bow anchor crane, the broken mast, some lines, the telemotor, some life boat Welin davits, etc, etc,

Here is a very sloppy test build about a year ago, to assess what it could look like in the right surroundings and in dim, dark blue-green Atlantic ocean bottom lighting (perhaps in a blue- filtered glass display box with UV lights on top?) - you might remember it. You can spot some of the initial 'rusticles' in the sheet next to the camera:

TitanicWreckModel.jpg

Best,
Bengt :rolleyes:

Bengt F

Make a Model TITANIC Book

Thanks, John John,

There is still a LOT of work on that one, to get it where I want it, though.

Best,
Bengt :thumb:

NYC Irish

Hey Bengt, I have a cool book recommendation for you about the Titanic

I cant contact you via PM, clean out your inbox please

Its a big one but not as good as the PDG book

John John

Chris1973

Paper Titan!

That tears it! I've been a plastic modeler for years... My two unbuilt Mini-Craft 1/350 Titanic kits are going up for sale! I've just discovered card-modeling and I must say I feel deprived! Deprived in that I haven't gotten in to this facet of the hobby sooner! I never dreamed that one could get such a level of detail out of cardstock... Shows what I know... And what I have to learn...