Titan II Question

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by modelincard, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Excellent work Jaelke. With the astronauts, I couldn't tell at first that it was a model.

If you don't mind me asking...Did you make the astronauts, and if so, what was your method and material? Are they 2D or 3D?

With Surfduke creating the 1;24 Apollo Series, I've become interested in designing a set of astronauts both in their pressure suits, in their lightweight flight suits, and in their full lunar exploration gear. Thought it would be nice to provide a sense of scale, and lend a human element to the models.
  2. jaeike

jaeike Member

Thanks! The astronauts are slightly modified resin castings from the old Revell 1/48 Gemini kit. I've got some better photos (I think) of them before I buttoned everything up. Originally, I was going to have starboard-side hatch open, but I couldn't figure out a good way to make it look good when it was shut.

Does anyone know if the sensor cover for the lauch configuration was ever gold-toned as depicted in the Delta 7 disk? All of the photos I've seen shows it as a similar color to the capsule's hull.

NULLMOON Member

yes indeeed

Attached Files: