Tire Choice

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, May 3, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I wanted to start this to discuss tire types, compounds, etc.

1. What type of tires do you use? (rubber, PVC, Yokomo, etc.)

2. What compond tires do you use? (applies to rubber only)

3. What type of inserts do you use? (applies to rubber only)

I use Tamiya radials (the ones that come on RTR TL-01 mustang and lightning) with no inserts.
  2. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

I use stock Yokomos that came on my GT4 w00t.
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

sweet someone else who doesnt use plastic rings or PVC
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

This is what I think about Touring Car Tires :twisted:

5. mfzero

mfzero Guest

nice :lol:
  6. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Damn thats going as my wallpaper, nice shot big arse truck :lol:
  7. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

AWW poor tires :(
  8. Yertle

Yertle Guest

I use what ever slicks I can get my hands on, usualy hotshots (I think thas the brand...) with treads on the front and fill the rear tires with silicone, it makes the rims useless after but the tires last longer.

The car drifts better on the more solid tires and Ive gone through so many rims even just using foam inserts coz I glue on my tires... :?
  9. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Fill the tires with silicone, never tried that more stability...the only problem I have with slicks is that no matter how well I glue them they are to soft and pull from the rim after a couple of runs..
  10. Onikyan

Onikyan Guest

For me - the harder the compound the easier it is to slide. I use electrical tape to help it out a bit though.
  11. GucciPiggy

GucciPiggy Guest

I am really new to RC drift but I have found that Venom Magnetics tyres and wheels are really good to drift with. the compund is hard, the wheels chrome and the price is cheap as. They also come pre glued which is good cos I stuffed an expensive set of slicks the other day using too much glue.

PVC is still better though.
  12. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

did anyone try rounded inserts in the rear and flat soft inserts in the front? my friend did and his car slides real good. im thinkin of doing that too cus the rounded inserts puts less tire surface in the rear causing less traction