Tip o' the Day

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hmmmm Mike, Sounds like you may be in trouble deep:eek: :D :D

A SCISSORS TIP:

Know somebody that works at a hospital emergency room?? Ask them to get you a pair of suture scissors from an opthalmic kit (used for eye injuries). They are little tiny scissors with a curved blade and are sharp as a razor. Lots of times they don't even use them when they use the kit and just throw them away because they are no longer considered sterile once the kit has been opened. They're great for cutting decals.

Originally posted by Vic
Hmmmm Mike, Sounds like you may be in trouble deep:eek: :D :D

A SCISSORS TIP:

Know somebody that works at a hospital emergency room?? Ask them to get you a pair of suture scissors from an opthalmic kit (used for eye injuries). They are little tiny scissors with a curved blade and are sharp as a razor. Lots of times they don't even use them when they use the kit and just throw them away because they are no longer considered sterile once the kit has been opened. They're great for cutting decals.

I suppose that the hospital is a good place for those scissors, but be sure to wash them off first! :p

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
I found that if I used her best sewing scissors often enough, she would buy me some of my own. A dangerous path, I agree. I would not recommend this method for everyone.

:D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by BDC

I suppose that the hospital is a good place for those scissors, but be sure to wash them off first! :p

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, accept or use any medical equiptment for modeling that has been used!

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Ceesors? I don' need no steenkin' Ceesors!
I jus tears 'em off wit my teeths, man.

Okay - seriously... what about the old X-Acto for decal cutting. I am ordering blank 8.5 x 11 decal paper and just assumed that I could use the blade. Am I wrong? (I know I know - it has to be sharp or it will rip the paper)