Tiny Galactica models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by stephen.irl, Oct 14, 2009.

1. istvan700

istvan700 New Member

The smaller you build them the more respect of mine is yours.
  2. Bubbahearth

Bubbahearth New Member

urge to build a mini-ship mobile is growing :D
  3. Aerospace

Aerospace New Member

Wonderful!!! :D
  4. Chameleon

Chameleon New Member

I watched most of the original shows when they were broadcast the first time. I don't remember which episode it was; but there was one were a squad of older (yes, even older) Vipers showed up that had flatter and longer wings and a slightly different nose config. Also I seem to recall a 2-seat viper with a longer canopy in one or two episodes. Maybe some other options for ya.

Oh and the complete "epic series" or original series if you will, is available on netflix. I guess I know what I'll be doing this week...
  5. deniper

deniper Member

here is me wondering where to get the files for the mini fighters and also what one would do for a mini raider and transport. love to do small work thats why im detailing out a 1.5 foot galactica....
  6. iconicus

iconicus New Member

Any chance of taking the principles of the tiny models and using them in say 1:60th scale or similar war gaming size? While I love constructing a challenging model, I also have need of 'quick' builds that are not as detailed but still hold up to basic design. the Raider and the Viper MK 2 from the new series being two such items I would whole heatedly enjoy simpler versions of. Regardless, amazing work. Very very nice.
  7. venom_82

venom_82 New Member

And now, my first "experiment" with tiny models :mrgreen:

First of all, many thanks to ThunderChild for the model :thumb:

About the building, i have to do some fixes in the print size and about the assembly. This is the second paper model i have built (the first with tiny dimensions).. and i need to improve my skills. Anyway, make this tiny model is a great method to make pratice :thumb:

8. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

With paper, all you need to do is rescale the parts to the size you want. When increasing size you may lose detail on any textures, though. In this specific case, there are larger paper models of the vipers/etc. out there that you can build (or reduce to the size you need).
  9. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Nice build on the shuttle Venom! :D
  10. marciu11

marciu11 Member

"Sweet" tinny models.
  11. cuguel

cuguel New Member

great model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. MAGI

MAGI Member

Well that was really great to read through and see the skill and awesome mini paper ships.

Great shots and humbling talent displayed.

Thanks for the how to do small mini tutorial and what equipment to use.

Up until right now I just used a good old excato. but I have that same blade holder(the black rubberized one) so now I need to learn about blades. So not all blades are made the same. that makes sense. Just never thought about it.

Thanks again everyone.