Tinpaper's Sanger Amerika Bomber

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by BARX2, Oct 31, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I learned about this model on the Space Paper Models mailing list. I put it together today between phone calls and other annoyances. :cool: My usual crappy work. :p Download it here: TinPaper Moon Tank Model

2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Cool - thanks
  3. That's a nice looking model BARX2, and from studying the download, not too easy I bet, considering the small number of parts. There is a lot of tabless construction required to get the smooth fuselage curves. That is never easy. I really like the way the designer made the download page look old and weathered and official with that "SECRET" stamp on there. Very cool. At first I thought it was a scan of an actual vintage model from the late '40s until I noticed the copyright date. I saw a documentary recently which covered this weapon. It's doubtful that it would ever have worked with the state of 1940s technology, but the means of propulsion and the use of the lift body concept illustrate just how far ahead German aircraft design was at the time. Thanks for sharing.

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

So... there is a model for it after all ^^ Thanks for sharing!
  5. Janx

Janx Member

Nice model, if that is crappy modelling I'll retire now; and it was all going so well.......