Timken Box Car

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
After my father had a stroke a couple of weeks ago, I lost all desire and ambition to work on the trains. My father got me started in the hobby when I was a youngin'.
Better-Half, must of noticed this. While driving around the other day, she suggested we stop at the LHS. On the way there, she was telling me that she wanted me to do a car for her for the company she worked for:Timken. It was her that booted me in the "A, double s" to get me going again. Now I'm re-pumped and rolling again.
Here's a picture of the "Timken" boxcar I did for her today.
Its a LL P2k, PS-1. The Timken decal, stripe, slogan and reporting marks were done on the computer.
Heeeeee's Back!!!!!

Attachments

• timken1.jpg
    timken1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 149

interurban

Hi eightyeightfan1, sorry to hear about your Dad, but you know you got to keep what he has pass on to you alive.
And you have done with that great job on the Timken boxcar.
You are back!!!! :D :D :D ;)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Sorry to hear about your Dad 88.
You have a very understanding wife. You did a great job on that box car. It will look good on your layout

Clerk

Sorry about your dad. I was lucky and survived mine.
You wife sounds like mine. My wife will only offer advise if I ask for it but otherwise stays away from my layout, but on the other hand, last year in the hobby shot, she spotted a little diesel switcher and suggested I get it.

Nice job on the car.

shaygetz

I couldn't gather from your post whether your dad survived the stroke or not. I lost my dad to colon cancer 02/25/03. Shortly before that, he too had had a stroke. He was the one who started me in this hobby with a Christmas garden under our tree every year. His memory lives on on our club layout with a town named Clayton. My 4-8-8-2 cab-forward also sports his nickname "Big Al". In His grace and Mercy, BC

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
It was my Dad who taught me "how", it was my Mom who provided the encouragement.
Any time I am able to accomplish something, I remember my Dad, and when I feel good about what I have done, I remember my Mom.
It is in going on, that we honor those departed, in honoring them this way, they are remembered.
Pete

Tyson Rayles

Ed sorry to hear about your Dad, hopefully he survived and will fully recover. Either way your wife was right to give you that loving kick in the a** :D . Best wishes
Shaygetz sorry to here about your Dad

spitfire

That is a great-looking car Ed! How is your father doing these days? Last I heard from you he was improving. Hope that continues to be the case. Your wife sounds like a great supportive friend!

cheers
Val

jon-monon

Sorry about your father 88. It's rough watchin' 'em get sick. My father is fading away to Alzheimers. Hope he can get better. You must have a great wife that cares about you. And that's a fine lookin' boxcar, babe.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thanks everyone!
My father is ok. He's coming home tomorrow. Though he is a little incapicitated, he is improving. I'll probably be "Heading west, Young man" next month to go see him.