Time's Great Buildings of the World

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by rickstef, Sep 22, 2004.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

I was shopping at one of my local warehouse club stores, and while in the check out line I noticed the above mentioned issue sitting in the news racks.

what caught my eye is the cover photograph, of one of my favorite buildings, the Burj al Arab in Dubai, UAE.

the book has 170 pages, and is here in the US $10.99, $16.99 in Canada

I have not been able to find on Time's website a link to this book.

I am posting this here because Greg's comments(in the butterflyitis thread) made sense to me, I like architecture, and have been intrigued by some of these buildings.

I hope this helps someone else, like it has me.

2. WiGgLz01

WiGgLz01 New Member

have you been to the scale models section of SSC? there are tons of mini skyscrapers you can build, all of them for free. the burj al arab is there too, several versions of it. ive even made a design for it. well, go ahead and check it out and tell me what you think! i apologize i cannot give you the link (i need more than 15 posts).

3. What is the "SSC"? I would love to see what is there to model.
  4. Sippy

Sippy New Member

sounds like a great thing for trains
  5. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

6. WiGgLz01

WiGgLz01 New Member

Wow, I wonder how big rei's skyline is now, I mean it was amazing then (august if I'm not mistaken) but it must be incredible now.
  7. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

I guess there's a few more from Rei, but lion215's models, jw117's models and the others must have pushed it over 200
  8. can't_decide

can't_decide New Member

Mini skyscrapers huh? Those look pretty cool. I'll have to try a few of them out.
  9. Isorla

Isorla New Member

wow! sweet looking scrapers.