Time to stop lurking and start asking questions

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jlinscheid, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

Hi all!

I've been lurking around here for the last couple of weeks soaking up all of the knowledge contained in these forums, and thought I should step up and introduce myself so I can start asking questions and clarifying some of the things I've gleaned.

I've not been an avid model builder since I was a kid (I'm 40 now), but after stumbling onto Card Models by accident I tried one (Nobi's T-55 after a failed V2 rocket due to being utterly clueless) and decided that I was hooked. It's a perfect pastime for a computer geek such as myself. I'm working on my second model and my head is already filled with ideas for scratch-built projects, but I'll build a few first because there is so much to learn about technique from building each one.

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself before jumping into some of the threads seeking information, and even making a few observations of my own.

I've been lurking for awhile, so if I sound like I know some of you guys, it's because I've been reading so much of what you all have provided here. So be prepared for a lot of dumb questions because I've accumulated a few since I started :)
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Cool! Another Oregonian!!!!! We have the makings of a Northwest Chapter of something now...hehehe.

jlinscheid...the only stupid, dumb or whatever question, is the unasked one. Folks may poke a little fun of the question, but you'll get an honest answer. And if ya don't...well, I doubt that will happen. 8v)
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah......Ash is right!

Ask.........and ye shall be answered!

Welcome into the light of Card Modeling!

4. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Howdy and welcome!

Hey Bowdenja, if they go and start a Northwest chapter then we can form a Southern Alliance.
  5. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

I have family over in Redmond. It's a small world over there, and I bet you have crossed paths. If you went to school with any Linscheids, that would be my clan. I also see you are an ex-USAF guy. I was in 11 years myself.

This looks to be a great community. The whole world seems to be represented here, and there are more than a few experts willing to share what they know. So far I've found these forums to be a gold mine of knowledge.
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome to the bin..., good to see a geeker take up a reasonable and productive pursuit..., sure beats dry eye blinks at bad code.

Welcome aboard, Gil
  7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Welcome aboard. You won't be sorry for stopping in. I have found a wealth of knowledge on this list and it has helped to make me more addicted to this obsession...... Yeah, I think I meant hobby.
  8. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I came here on leave in 1979 following my mother, sister and a brother who moved here during my three years in Italy. I got off the Hughes Air West aircraft at Roberts Field, did a 360 turn taking in the sights and proclaimed..."This is where I shall retire." Haven't regretted a moment of that decision. Haven't come across that name yet, but most of the folks I know here, I know by first name mostly.

My AF time was 22 years, 2 months, 2 days...easy to remember. Didn't regret a moment of the decision to make it a career.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.