Time to Stir The Pot

F

Fred_M

Your safe saying chili I think, just don't say Texas Chili or you will have to pay a royality. Here's a question, if a puzzle company wants to make a puzzle of the Warhol's Campbell's Soup picture do they pay a royality to Campbell's Soup, the estate of Andy, or both? DASH

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Aha! Gotcha... did you pay your royalty for saying "Texas Chili"...

Dang... now I said Texas Chili... aw cr@p, I said it again...

Now I am just hungry :mad:

Andrew

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by dash10
Your safe saying chili I think, just don't say Texas Chili or you will have to pay a royality. Here's a question, if a puzzle company wants to make a puzzle of the Warhol's Campbell's Soup picture do they pay a royality to Campbell's Soup, the estate of Andy, or both? DASH

Both - It's a "(R) trademark thing & a separate (C) thing" :(

Any song you hear on any radio station is paid for (Royalties) - any TV Commercial or product in any TV show or Movie is paid for by some company.

It's all for the money.. How do I know?? --- I have friends in the Movie & TV industry :)

If you watch Live & Let Die - You may not notice that almost every car inthe film is a GM product - they Bought the rights for the film & "Bond" advertised all their new cars in the movie. :D :D

F

Fred_M

Gee brakie, now you really went and did it. They are gonna nail you on that one. Three violations of trademarks and copyrights in one posting. You better pull your harddrive and drill some holes through it and beat it flat with a sledge. And remember, UP all the way. DASH

See gentlemen, aren't you glad I am here to start these threads. Now all of you are off topic with this chili thing, therefore,

"No chili for you for one year"

CHILIDOG

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by Mastiffdog
See gentlemen, aren't you glad I am here to start these threads. Now all of you are off topic with this chili thing, therefore,

"No chili for you for one year"

CHILIDOG
Does that include canned chili? How about Hamburger Helper chili? How about chiliconcarney? Chilimac? The bill of rights prevents cruel punishment. DASH

spitfire

Whoa Brakie!!! I think from now on we should refer to UP® with its proper trademark protection, so we don't get in Trouble*

Cheers
Val

*Trouble is a Registered Trademark of Robber Barron Corp. © 2004 and may not be reproduced, retransmitted or rebroadcast in any way without express written consent. All rights reserved. Patent pending.

jon-monon

But wait! That's my middle name! Now I have to do this each time I sign a check????

*Trouble is a Registered Trademark of Robber Barron Corp. © 2004 and may not be reproduced, retransmitted or rebroadcast in any way without express written consent. All rights reserved. Patent pending.

shaygetz

Great...thanks guys...now cuz o' this chilli turn in the thread, coupled with that Wendy's goin' up in the "Scratchin' and Bashin'" forum, I hadda satisfy a serious jones comin' on. Now I'm banished to the couch for the night and some legal bedwetter is knockin' on my door....sumthin' 'bout usin' Wendy's and UP's name in this thread...

Mike R

Originally posted by Mastiffdog
Over on the other forum there is alot of discussion about two big issues:

1. UP Logo and licensing

2. Athearn sale to Horizon Hobbies

Here's my opinion, .......etc, etc, etc....yadda, yadda

DOG

This isn't the Atlas forum. Both topics were "done to death" in that one. :sleeping:
Why try to spoil a fight in this one ?
This isn't a flamethrowers forum.

There's another "hot news topic" around these days...apparently a mastiff killed one of the Queen's corgi dogs !!!!!
Maybe it was the Queen's fault...maybe that corgi was an Athearn Corgi, painted in UP colors ????
Who knew?.....it all begins to make sense now......!
:eek:
regards,
Mike

Hey Mike,

You remind me of the other guy who said he didn't like the "bickering". Nobody put a gun to your head either to open the thread.

The mere fact that you deceided to open the thread and then respond indictates to me that you're just as interested in these topics as anyone else.

And your comments are off-topic too.

DOG

Attachments

• scooter 2.jpg
    scooter 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 88