Time to call it a day.

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
:cry: Hi guys its with deep sadness im calling it a day on trying to model trains i hv bought books look all over the internet and still nothing comming to mind i hv given this hobby my best and made myself ill with it i can no longer find the inperstion to continue my take this oppertunity to say aBIG THANKYOU AND SINERE GRATIUDE FOR all your help and kind ness you guys hv kept me oing in my dark hours but have no more left god speed to you all and wishing you health and good fortune.mike

northern_blues

Jan 4, 2005
Aurora, ON
I hope you take some time to rest and take your mind off it. Then if by chance you still feel that you want to pursue the hobby, you will feel refreshed and ready to go.

You could always purchase one of those computer train simulator games that are very realistic. That way you could have the train any time you boot up your computer but no upkeep, mate.

Cheers.

-Dave

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Dude,
If modeling trains are stressing you out that bad, you're right, it's time to move on. If it becomes more like a chore than something fun and entertaining, then it's no good trying to continue. I wish you well.

2slim

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Wait....trust me

Been there! I had a 11'X10' layout that drove me crazy because I couldn't "tie it all together" to make it look right. I like scenery & operation, and trying to realistically model an area where I live. I finally snapped & sold 80% of everything on Ebay. Now that I made some money, you know what I did? I built a simple 2'X4' module. I am going to detail the heck out of it, and then when there is no more that can be done on it, I'll build another one that connects them together. I am finally happy. I also changed from modeling modern to the 1950's. I have spent more time researching the history than building the module. Try it, and keep us posted. Trust me, I don't have to see my therapist as much anymore!!!!!!LOL

sams

Dec 17, 2004
Mike (why me),
i'm going out on a limb here,
but from the tone of what you wrote,
i sense that there are deeper problems involved...
please reconsider.
this hobby is a great way to relax...
and we're here to help out in whatever is troubling you :)

Quote "Get Well. We will be here for you when you need us."
Unfortunately Getting well is one option Mike does not have. My Friend has MS as most will realise this disease seriously decreases life expectancy. Sometimes it's extremely hard to look on the bright side, but he tries. We are two peas in a pod health wise, but normally don't mention it, like the others here with poor health.
We try to glean some enjoyment, from what can be a frustrating hobby for the physically impaired, we work slowly & often stuff up.
But we keep trying. I chat with mike for hours giving encouragement, & along with a few others contibuted to Mikes International Railway theme, with an Aussie outback Pub and 100+ hand made trees.
So far i think he might keep going, I for one would hate to see a fellow modeller depart.
Damien.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Try a small 7" x 15" static display model of a train at a station.Have fun with it,detail it and put it somewhere where you can enjoy it.If that was fun, go to a simple 12" x 3' tabletop diorama with mainline and 1 industry siding.Detail it, wire it and move a car or 2 around.If that was fun build another section to hook to the first so you can move 1 car to a second siding.Table top style will mean no more crawling around trying to do elaborate benchwork.
When frustration hits,
Simplify simplify simplify :)

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
2slim said:
Dude,
If modeling trains are stressing you out that bad, you're right, it's time to move on. If it becomes more like a chore than something fun and entertaining, then it's no good trying to continue. I wish you well.

2slim
I have to agree, this is a hobby to relieve stress, not incur more.

I also got aggravated with model railroading. No matter how much I tried I could not get the terrain to look right, so I cheated and bought the High Sierra module from Terrains for Trains.

All completely landscaped, well over 100 trees in this small layout, tunnels and bridges.

What I am trying to get is, there is always a solution.