Time Machine, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper hollywood

Thanks for the reply Armorman. I hope you're OK with the Omnidroid (Wow! That's a cool model). I mostly haven't been checking with site owners on these unless they're site expresses some concern about image use, though I'm only posting tiny thumbs with links to their sites. I'll certainly take anything off if someone asks, of course. I think for practically all designers, this site will be beneficial because, I hope, it will make the sites easier to find by a wider audience.
--Wade

paper hollywood

Ditto thanks for that link, davelant! Now the Time Machine graphics are perfectly scaled. I am totally and utterly impressed with the work of this designer. His finished "Maria" looks amazing. I'm definitely doing that one next. It's not for beginners, though. No flaps or step-by-steps here. His Maria and Talos figures are big. I estimate 10" - 12". I'll be watching for his 2001 pod.
--Wade

Paper Hollywood

Bengt F

PDO Files

Hello davelant,

I downloaded two of your beautiful models - the time machine and the robot Maria from Fritz Lang´s silent science fiction masterpiece "Metropolis".
However, I am a Mac user and I cannot open the pdo. files with either Photoshop or Acrobat Reader.
Would it be possible for you to post them in jpeg or pdf format?
Another option is to mail or PM me the files as jpegs, if you have the time. I would appreciate it very much, because I really would like to build the Maria robot model (and build a small diorama for it) and the time machine, and paint it with gold paint.

Thank you in advance. My direct mail is bengt@freden.se in case you´d like to use it.

All the best,
Bengt :smile:

davelant

The honor is misplaced. They are not my models; I merely found them, and I do not know how to translate the patterns into another format. Clearly, there is a need for a pdo reader for Macintosh (and Linux, which is much the same thing, these days.)
Dave Lanteigne

jparenti

Okay, so, uh... how exactly do I open it? Pepakura? It wouldn't open when I tried. Am I doing something wrong? It's asking for a password. (If I have to pay for it, show me the line and I'll stand in it!) :)

Bengt F

PDO files

OK, Dave,

I see. That´s too bad - there are many MacOSX users out there. Thanks anyway. Do you have a link to the page of the model designer? - perhaps he ( or she) could help me out.
If there is anyone that has printed one of these models, I would be immensely grateful if you could scan the pages in high resolution and mail or PM me JPEG files of them.

Still hoping,
Bengt :rolleyes:

Bengt F

Maria Robot Model from "Metropolis"

Hi all,

A BIG thank you to Andreas/'panzer' in Germany for mailing me the hi-res JPEG files for the time machine model!

I really would like to have the Maria robot model, too. Is there anyone who has downloaded this model who could convert the PDO file to JPEG for me?
If you happen to have it, please forward it directly to my mail address above, or via a PM. Thanks!

I found these links on Starship Modeler Discussion Forums: http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=53345 and although the downloads are JPEGs, they are unfortunately very low-res, like the one below of the Maria model:

Best,
Bengt :wave:

Attachments

• Maria-robot-Metropolis.jpg
    Maria-robot-Metropolis.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 32

jparenti

I hate to ask, because I don't want to impose, but could I maybe get those jpegs, too? My version of Pepakura doens't like this file.

Bengt F

Time Machine JPEG Files

Oops,

I have deleted my JPEG files, because my mail box became to full to receive the last couple of pages.
I converted and saved them as TIFF files (100 Mb each), which is a bit big to send by mail.
Andreas - could you help jparenti out? I am sure you will be rewarded somehow. Thanks.

All the best,

panzer

I'll convert the files. :)

jparenti,

I've had the same problem first while opening the files from this page. Is it possible that you've tried opening the model with Pepakura Designer? The designer protected his files only for this application but opening should work with Pepakura Viewer 2.

Bengt F

Maria Robot Model from "Metropolis"

Andreas,

You are indeed a good friend in need! Thank you for making the Maria robot model files available. They display the same super-high resolution. I saved them on my HD as lossless, uncompressed TIFFs.

Metropolisnewrestoration2002.jpg
Mariarobot.jpg

Now I am going to make some paper tests. I am thinking about letting my local print shop print them on Canford matte silver paper on a laser printer.
We´ll see what works out best. I will post some pictures if I complete the model.

All the best,

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Revell-Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.