Thursday the 5th. Got MOW?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

I weathered the farm house and began weathering the CNJ caboose. I also began decaling a Reading Atlas ARHS two-bay hopper. I finally made the bases for nine coal loads.

Do you have any MOW equipment as part of your modeling or on your layout?

I have a MOW train that is made from Athearn blue box kits. It is all B&O equipment. I have a 200 ton crane, RPO, baggage car, flat car, boxcar, gondola, two tank cars, and a caboose/crane tender.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Yes I do have some MOW equipment, but no very much of it, well ok, I only have 2 cars:

HO Scale:
  • PRR track maintance car; has a bunk with a bunch of railroad ties and on the flatcar deck has a bunch of rusty rails
N-Scale
  • Santa Fe 200 ton crane with a gondola
That is it for now.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
MOW is interesting - all kinds of opportunity for odd-ball and one-of-a-kind cars there. My current "fleet" includes:

- tie & rail car
- small scratchbuilt crane on a 30' flat
- tool car (box car)
- 25 ton Brownhoist crane with no hook (supposed to get a bucket)
- kitbashed rotary plow (still working on the tender)
- unassembled crane tender

Andrew

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Well, I have a UP 200 ton crane, not sure who the maker is but it does have brass pulleys so I know it's not one of the cheaper models. Then I have two IT flat cars from P2K, a RailGon gondola, also don't know who the maker is but wish I could find more of them in this road. One day I hope to buld a 1/4 mile rail train but I haven't had any good pictures and info to build from. I have a track mobile on back order but probably won't see it until next year. I do have plans on starting a collection of the entire track MOW equipment from the Walthers catolog.

I don't have any picture's of my equipment as of yet. I tried taking some but the hardest one to ake is of th 200 ton crane. I custom cut some reflective stripes to marks corners sids and all that other god stuff for "safety". They show p great when you have a layouy with a section the comes and goes from the sun but other types of light work pretty good. I just can't get the flash on the camera to work with it very well.

I'll figure it out one day.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
--one crane and boom tender
--one Russell plow
--one rotary plow
--one clearance car
--one Jordan Spreader
--one side dump ballast car
--one tie and plate car
--one welder's car
--one inspection car

Need to buckle down and build another speeder as I gave my other one to the club.

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
We have a few MOW cars. Jordan spreader, flats, gons, 200 ton crane and boom car, retired 40ft boxcars, retired pax equipment, heavy weight dinner, sleeper and baggage car, air dump car, side dump ballast hopper, and have a couple of ex troop cars, kitchen and sleeper, still need to paint and decal the troop cars.

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
I have some all lettered for Santa Fe. Includes two flatcars w/home-bashed rails and ties, a tool car, a sleeper, 200 ton crane, one crane and boom tender, three tankers-oil, diesel, and water, and a gondola. One of the flatcars is Walthers, the tankers are Roundhouse, the rest are Athearn. I haven't done any weathering yet.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I just have two of the heavy duty cranes. One from Athearn decorated in Santa Fe marked for Kansas City, the other an IHC, painted in Amtrack MOW orange.I think the IHC is going to become CNE wreck crane. The Santa Fe(Paint nice...Can't ruin it) is headed for CNE's "Antique" roster.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
My MOW fleet is mostly a Hornby Dublo crane (with 2 idler cars and a boom support). I also have an Athearn rotary snowplow.
However, I do commandeer all my open wagons to carry supplies when I do track construction.