Thursday: Build or Run?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

No rain yesterday so we will have to see what is store for us today and the weekend. I had an unscheduled day off from work yesterday. A major water main broke near the office and the building was without water service so the township would allow them to open the building. My son had another disappointing football practice last night. He had to got to another team’s field to have his id photo taken. The head coach took him and several other boys and it took about an hour and a half. As result he was only able to practice for about twenty minutes.

No modeling yesterday. Even with the day off I wound up doing a bunch of little chores around the house.

Are you a modeler who runs trains or an operations person who builds models?

Right now I am mainly a modeler. I am building structures and equipment mostly. I am also constructing scenery on the layout. The layout is currently serving as a place to run and display my models. My current layout does not have any staging. At some point I plan on adding staging but there is a lot to do on the pink desert before I get to that point. I have looked over some stuff about operations but I find that I am enjoying building more at this time. Who knows when the layout is closer to being done I may change.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Well in order to run trains I'd have to model them first. A bit of a space issue is getting in my way, and the local clubs are hard to track down.

If I had a layout I'd probably be more interested in running long trains through winding hills rather than modeling new buildings / rolling stock / general scenery.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Build, build, build, build...run. That's about the ratio of what I like to do. Although I like to run trains, I'll never get so involved that I'd run opetating sessions. Modeling is what I enjoy the most and when I get to the point where I can't add anything more, I'm either going to have
to expand my layout, or start tearing things out to make room for more stuff.:D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'm a runner! I made sure that I had a continuously running train before the layout was scenicked. I like watching them go by but also use switch lists for operational interest.
Ralph