Thursday 9-28 Where Else Do You Go?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Glued down some more foam on the layout. I didn’t intend to so but I realized I needed to do it now so I can begin building the hill that the town will sit on.

Other than the hobby shop where do you shop for supplies you use in your modeling?

I will be heading to Home Depot for more pink foam and glue so I can continue the base work for the layout. I also go to AC Moore Crafts to buy craft paints, brushes, glue, and other odds and ends I need. I will go to Wal-Mart for some craft supplies but also for the Malibu Classic 1:87 cars.

Pooh Bah
We had the painter by today to do the window and door frames; scaped and primed and will finish after the rain when it warms up a bit. Then I can start weathering it.

I have the same pattern. Home Depot and Canadian Tyre for hardware; Michael's or similar for paint & brushes; dollar store for storage trays.
We have a street of electronics stores where I get wire, connectors, and odd bits; one plaza has at least 3 of them.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I go to AC Moore Crafts, Micheals, Wal*Mart, and to the local Mall. \

AC Moore Crafts for paints, brushes, wood supply, and a few other odds and ends.

Wal*Mart for Spray Paint mainly Car Body Primer.

The Mall for trains. One store has a nice selection of trains there.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Other than the LTS (local train shop), I would say that the majority of my supplies come from Dollarama...! ;) Lumber, etc for module framing, and base coat paint come from the hardware store or Home Depot. And of course there are the train show acquisitions... :D

Andrew

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
- Flea Markets
- Craft stores
- Ham Fests (Flea Markets for electronics)
- Home Depot, Lowes (Wood)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I've found a lot of usefull stuff at Michaels and also Menards (a home improvement/ lumber store).
Ralph

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I go to the following places other than my 3 LHS
  • Home Depot
  • Lowes
  • Michales
  • Joans
  • Other craft stores or hardware stores
  • Wal-Mart
  • And sometimes Target