Thursday 9-28 Where Else Do You Go?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by TomPM, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Good morning folks

Glued down some more foam on the layout. I didn’t intend to so but I realized I needed to do it now so I can begin building the hill that the town will sit on.

Other than the hobby shop where do you shop for supplies you use in your modeling?

I will be heading to Home Depot for more pink foam and glue so I can continue the base work for the layout. I also go to AC Moore Crafts to buy craft paints, brushes, glue, and other odds and ends I need. I will go to Wal-Mart for some craft supplies but also for the Malibu Classic 1:87 cars.
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

We had the painter by today to do the window and door frames; scaped and primed and will finish after the rain when it warms up a bit. Then I can start weathering it.

I have the same pattern. Home Depot and Canadian Tyre for hardware; Michael's or similar for paint & brushes; dollar store for storage trays.
    We have a street of electronics stores where I get wire, connectors, and odd bits; one plaza has at least 3 of them.
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

I go to AC Moore Crafts, Micheals, Wal*Mart, and to the local Mall. \

AC Moore Crafts for paints, brushes, wood supply, and a few other odds and ends.

Wal*Mart for Spray Paint mainly Car Body Primer.

The Mall for trains. One store has a nice selection of trains there.
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Other than the LTS (local train shop), I would say that the majority of my supplies come from Dollarama...! ;) Lumber, etc for module framing, and base coat paint come from the hardware store or Home Depot. And of course there are the train show acquisitions... :D

5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

- Flea Markets
    - Craft stores
    - Ham Fests (Flea Markets for electronics)
    - Home Depot, Lowes (Wood)
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I've found a lot of usefull stuff at Michaels and also Menards (a home improvement/ lumber store).
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

I go to the following places other than my 3 LHS
    • Home Depot
    • Lowes
    • Michales
    • Joans
    • Other craft stores or hardware stores
    • Wal-Mart
    • And sometimes Target