Thunderbird 2 and 4 WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jaeike, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jaeike

jaeike Member

I started to build up Thunderbird 2 and 4 from this site:
    Welcome to ijoy's Information home page.
    I'm pretty much finished with Thunderbird 2. I still need to touch up some parts. The beginning of Pod 4 is just sitting in place there.
    Makes me want to try to make a cut-away version. :twisted:
    There is a lot of super tiny cutting and folding on this thing. I think if I build this one again, I'm going to do it bigger.
  2. David H

David H Member

There is only one ting to say...

Watch out for the crocodiles!

3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Dang !! David beat me to it ;)

International Rescue calling, Thunderbirds are Go !!!!!
  4. gippolot

gippolot Member

Great model Jonathan. Thanks for the photos.

5. afcgooners

afcgooners New Member

wow that great. I really want to make some gerry anderson models now.!
  6. jaeike

jaeike Member

Thanks all. That site also has models of the Mole and Recovery Vehicle. I'll get to those later. There are also links to another site there that has models of Thunderbird 1 and 3. Anyone know of kits of the other vehicles?
  7. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Great Work!

8. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Great Build,Great Photos
  9. JackFrost

JackFrost Member

Awesome looking :mrgreen:
    Thanks for showing it , been wanting to build that one for a while but just to dang busy. Now at least i can see just how much work its really going to take, atsa lotta little tiny cutting for sure :eek:
  10. jaeike

jaeike Member

You got that right! In fact I'd highly recommend to anyone planning to build it, consider enlarging it to a bit more managable size. I'm going cross-eyed working on this thing. hamr
  11. jaeike

jaeike Member

Oi! Well after a little over three hours, I'm pretty much finished with Thunderbird 4. Have I mentioned how tiny it is?

I'm also pretty much done with the guts of Pod 4. It's a shame most of this detail is going to be covered up with the outer skin.

If anyone has built this part before, where does this go?:confused:
    I didn't see it in the photos of the instructions, and I can't read Japanese.
  12. lairdre

lairdre Member

Trouble with the link

Has anyone else had trouble with the link posted in this thread? All I get is a blank screen.
  13. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

14. skuppers

skuppers New Member

HAhaa that's so TINY!

Hard to work with I bet, wow..nice work :)
  15. sherban

sherban Member

These models are also available on this link
  16. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Are you working on a mac? I am, and that site NEVER works on any mac I've used to access the site. Instead, I've borrowed time on a pc to view and download the files. You may have to do the same. If you are using a Mac and find a solution, let me know, cuz the site is a nice one in my opinion.

17. jaeike

jaeike Member

Thanks. Lots of tweezer work. That reminds me, I need to finish this build...
  18. Coot59

Coot59 Member

Hot Build. Maybe some day I can get my fingers to work that well.