Three old card models lost and found

DJStratoArt

DJStratoArt
I just found these in my garage. They were lost for so long! Trying to find things in my garage is a difficult thing, lol! Has anyone built these particular models? How would you rate them?

20141014_183410.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These models really depend on the builder. They are more of a guide, or canvas. You greeble it to life. You have to watch the fit before you glue. many are pre-computer. That also gives them a unique look, which frankly, I find attractive. :)

silveroxide

That M-E109 is a great build but I saved the original and scan it for my build. I tend to enhance my builds and the cockpit was no exception. I googled for ME instrument panels and gauges and re worked the display panel and recessed the instruments. I did not do a build thread on it and the model is long gone as a gift to a nephew. Get lots of reference photos on the NET before construction. Enjoy the build and hope to see some of your works on them soon.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would also recommend working with scans. If something goes wrong you will have a backup and start anew. In addition, I don't know how the situation is on the collector's market. Maybe one day the value of these printed issues might increase; then it would be very unfortunate if you had cut them to pieces.

DJStratoArt

DJStratoArt
That's exactly what I was thinking Revell-Fan. I'm actually scanning these three in today, because I know these are rare kits. I'm in the U.S. and I can't find any state-side places to get these good paper cards, most of these good ones are Polish. I think I got these either from Amazon a long time ago, or from some hobby shop, but I cannot remember.

DJStratoArt

DJStratoArt
That M-E109 is a great build but I saved the original and scan it for my build. I tend to enhance my builds and the cockpit was no exception. I googled for ME instrument panels and gauges and re worked the display panel and recessed the instruments. I did not do a build thread on it and the model is long gone as a gift to a nephew. Get lots of reference photos on the NET before construction. Enjoy the build and hope to see some of your works on them soon.

I really want to do that too, as you can see from my costume AT-ST, I'm a big fan of adapting, modifying and scratch building. I do this all the time with plastic kits. I really look forward to building these.

I'm an artist by profession. I also do a lot of texture creation for 3D models and animation, I may need to, after I scan these in, modify the looks of the insignia on these and update the paints.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely build a scan of the model. it would allow you to enhance the colors if you were so inclined and do other things you might not be able to do with the original, like change the scale, and always have the ability to scan any parts you might fug up. :)