Three cheers for this forum!

N

nachoman

I was thinking lately about all the times which I had something troubling me in my everday life. You all know what I am talking about, those times when something is weighing on your mind. Maybe a friend who upset you, a bad date, family troubles, or work stress. Or there were those times I was stuck out of town in a hotel room, lonely as all heck in a town I didn't want to be in.

But thankfully, I have always had my friends here at the gauge. What a knowledeable, diverse, and kind group of people we have here. I hope that never changes. I know when I need to relax and wind down, I can always log on here and see what people are up to on the weekly photo thread. And then there are the times I feel like I am going unnoticed in the world, but I can come on here and ansewer someone's question and I know it will make that person's day. And then there are the times when I am stuck on a project and someone comes along to help me out, making my project better and saving me time, money, and grief in the process.

This really is a great place. Sometimes we don't say thank you enough. I want to extend my complete thanks to everyone here. Not just the owner and moderators, but to EVERYONE. It is the participation of everyone here that makes this such a great community.:mrgreen:

So three cheers! :thumb::thumb::thumb::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Kevin

steamhead

Hi...I'll second that....It's not just about trains here...It's the people. I have run across many people here who I consider friends (more so than some people I actually know), even though I've never met them.

Great place indeed..!!

Herc Driver

Good point. I go all over the country but always try to find a computer to "check in" with you guys...sorta brings me home thinking about the kids and the layout and what we need to do.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Thanks for the great comments!! :D Works the same for me too... It's always better in here than out there :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
There's not a day that goes by that I don't learn something new here. I've always said that I get more back than I give here each day. And as for friends, the best, there's genuine interest in you as a person and what you're doing as a modeler as well.

We appreciate your kind words, these forums would be nothing without the fine members it has.:thumb::thumb:

iis612

I don't think that I have the vocabulary to begin to describe how much this forum and each of the members means to me. This place has helped me through some rough times.
Just yesterday I got a bunch of books mailed to me by one of the members here. I don't want to call him out because I am not sure he would want the recognition, but if he does I will gladly tell you all. He sent me those books because I had mentioned to him that he had a great personal library. I did not ask for the books. When he said that he was going to send them to me he refused to take money. He sent me 7 large books. The postage tag was damaged by the time it reached me, so I could not tell what the cost was, but it could not have been cheap.
Over the years there have been some people do some nice things for me but I can honestly say that what this person did for me was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I can not begin to express my appreciation.
It is not just that one person that makes this place what it is though. It is each and every one of us members. Everyone has encouragement to give, or is always there with advice. It is not always about the trains either. I am proud to be a member of this forum and to call you all freinds.

Matt

FiatFan

I know I don't post much but am always made to feel welcome.

Let's just not get involved in that group shower/hug/marshmallow thing like over on the tag line thread.sign1

Tom

abutt

Kevin...

WE all really appreciate your words about this forum. But, am I reading between the lines? Is something bothering you way beyond running trains around? My email is available for any help my 77 years can offer. If you're saying that our hobby can assist in helping us to stay on an even keel in times of stress, I couldn't agree more. I've been building over 50 years and can't tell you how much of a help the hobby's been to me in times of stress.
Allan

I know I don't post much but am always made to feel welcome.

Let's just not get involved in that group shower/hug/marshmallow thing like over on the tag line thread.sign1

Tom
Amen to that.

Likewise. I appreciate coming here to discuss ideas etc like adults without getting into flaming sessions and it's great to come here for the support. Especially during my recent troubles. Folks, thank you very much for that support and it's great to be here.

HIP HIP, HORRAH! HIP HIP HORRAH! HIP HIP, HORRRAH!aussie:goldcup:

N

nachoman

If you're saying that our hobby can assist in helping us to stay on an even keel in times of stress, I couldn't agree more. I've been building over 50 years and can't tell you how much of a help the hobby's been to me in times of stress.

That's exactly what I am saying. We all go through tough times now and then, and it's nice to have a place to go to unwind without causing too much trouble :) And I am not just saying that about this hobby, or any hobby. While many facets of this hobby are great - I am talking about this place specifically.

Case in point - I was having a relatively rough weekend. I was stuck out of town in a hotel room in a place I really didn't want to be at the moment. I had a friend not acting like a very good friend, several serious family situations to deal with, and worse yet - the cat that always sits on my lap was back at home :mrgreen:. The teevee had some political argument, some crime shows, a show about animal abuse, a show about diseases... nothing I felt like watching whilst in a lousy mood.

So I pulled out my laptop and started reaing the railroad forums. Model Railroader's forum had several flame wars brewing, and a few folks giving destructive criticism of another's work. The narrow gauge discussion forum had a few snippy remarks. But over here was bursting with helpful comments, curious people, and people eager to share their latest work.

Kevin