Thought some of you might be interested...

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Wily, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Wily

Wily Member

Though this is not quite "card modeling," I thought some of you might be interested in a new blog I put up:

WWII Fighter Plane Profiles

FYI - Halinski and ModelArt both make excellent versions of 352nd FG cardmodels - I have a slight preference for Emil's design as it's not as fussy and just as accurate.

Anyway, in case you're history buffs, I'm aware that my access to the pilots has afforded opportunity that most don't get...and I hope to share some of it over the next year or so.
  2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I am retired USAF and a WWII history buff. Thank you for your post. How do I sign on to the blog so that I can see your updates?

I am curious; is that your artwork and copy writing? The story of George Preddy was particularly moving.

Thank you for posting this.
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Yes, indeed the story of George Preddy is one of the best stories I´ve read. And yes, indeed the ModelArt version of the Cripe's A'Mighty is a beautiful plane. I've built it, and it's great.

If I may, here's a pic of Preddy's P-51 from Modelart. Construction report here.

Sorry for hijacking your post, but I liked very much your blog.
  4. Wily

Wily Member

Yes. My artwork. Yes. My copy. :)
  5. Wily

Wily Member

16 profiles so far...more to come.

Anyway, I'm bumping the thread - hope some of you take the risk on the ModelArt P-51 in 352nd FG livery - see Profile 1.
  6. Wily

Wily Member