Thomas the Tank Engine Model

roryglasgow

A long time ago I downloaded a paper model of Thomas the Tank Engine by Takahiro Kojima. About a month ago I sat down and started putting it together. It's an amazing little kit, but it's a bit above my skill level. Still, I'm rather pleased with the results.

Here is a link to the web site where I downloaded it. You can also download models of James, Gordon, Bertie, and Annie and Clarabel. He also has models of various cars, structures and spaceships.

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/papermodel/

-Rory

Attachments

• thomas1.jpg
    thomas1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 107

roryglasgow

I thought it was kinda neat the way he designed the steps up into the cab. It's two pieces: one is the "front" side with the steps, and another sits behind it to brace it. It folds in a sort of accordian pattern.

Attachments

• thomas3.jpg
    thomas3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 108

roryglasgow

Those little lamps on the front and back were a dickens for me to put together with my clumsy fingers. The one here on the back is sorta smushed, but the photo doesn't really show it.

Attachments

• thomas4.jpg
    thomas4.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 104

roryglasgow

BTW, I'm not sure of the scale of this model. It's bigger than N. It's probably around 1:120 (TT) or something like that. I don't know if he had any intention of making it a "standard" scale or not...

-Rory

Tyson Rayles

Rory I believe those "lamps" are the bumbers that railroads on the wrong side the big pond use with the hook and pin couplers. Neat kit!:cool:

roryglasgow

The black discs are the bumpers. The lamps are the little white boxes. One is located in the center of the bunker on the back, and the other is sitting above the left bumper (buffer) on the front as you face the engine.

The number and arrangement of lamps indicated the type and priority of the train: passenger express, slow freight, mail train, etc.

-Rory