This would be an amazing piece... attn Ralph Currell!!!

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stev0, May 23, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

2. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Pretty impressive - reminds me of a grander version of the building light show in Hong Kong. (There is a show every evening where the neon lights on the Skyscrapers are choreographed to music. It's pretty impressive - the biggest light show in the world.)

A working model would be cool.....
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I saw on The Discovery Channel where they did a similar twisted looking building in Europe somewhere (I wanna say it was a Scandinavian country)

I get the heebie jeebies just looking at those pictures. I'm not good in tall buildings for some stupid reason....
  4. Ralph Currell

Ralph Currell New Member

A very interesting building, though I can think of a few practical problems with rotating floors.

I think it would be tricky to render using only card stock though. The way I'd probably tackle it would be to cut out the plan shape of each floor using foam core or some other thick material and stack the shapes, perhaps using a card stock edging to represent the outer wall. If you used a wooden dowel as a central support you could even have the floors rotate!

By strange coincidence these buildings are currently under construction about a hundred yards from where I'm typing this:

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

oh my god!

My thread got Ralph Currell here and his first post too!

6. Ralph Currell

Ralph Currell New Member

Heh. I've been browsing these forums intermittently for a while, but never got around to registering. I felt I had to respond though when my name was invoked in the thread header. :)